• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2024 at 8:31 PM, Kevin76 said:

marioslosle

How much?   $1500  

This clown bought an ASM 13 CGC 6.0 from me for $1500 on Jan 6th.  Once he got the book, he bypassed eBay's return policy and went straight to his bank to file an unauthorized charge. Total Scammer, Luckily eBay said no matter the outcome of his banks' decision I get to keep the sale of the item. 

Thanks for the heads up. How do you know he filed an unauthorized charge with the bank? Just curious how that works with ebay.

On 1/18/2024 at 6:16 AM, Motor City Rob said:

Thanks for the heads up. How do you know he filed an unauthorized charge with the bank? Just curious how that works with ebay.

Typically when someone does this, eBay creates their own case so that the customer can't try to dispute it or receive a refund on eBay's end. If that wasn't the case, the customer would be effectively attempting to double dip. Some ding-dong did something similar to me last year and complained that I was being unreasonable by not allowing a refund. Bro I can't give you a refund if you made an unauthorized charge! Blame eBay's comprehensive and reasonable return policy.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:09 AM, ManAce86 said:

Just wanted to hop in and say thank you to every one over the years who have added to this. I just recently started selling on ebay started in July was super paranoid about scammers and people taking advantage of new seller etc. I have been adding pretty much every one who is posted on this thread to my list. I know it is not perfect and there is no real 100 percent way to protect from bad folks on online sales. But I do love the little bit of peace of mind this gives. Also feel bad for anyone who makes it on this tread cause buying cool books on ebay is pretty much shot down. Well best of luck to you all and thank you to every one for helping the little nameless guys like me out in the ebay selling space. 

eBay isn't perfect, but there's no reason to be worried about scammers. I've been selling comics on eBay for 20+ years and have never, ever been "scammed" by a buyer. Sell long enough and you'll get a few non-paying bidders, or people who return CGC-graded books because "they don't agree with their grade". But those are few and far between...it's still the largest comic book marketplace in the world. Don't worry...enjoy!

If I recall, you have to go through a confirmation screen to accept, so hard to be an accident. Maybe if you goofed twice in a row on the same process, or had too much to drink. Then you deserve the result, own it.

If I was the seller, and did it by "accident", I would still honor the accepted offer, blame myself for being an idi0t, and take the hit.

As far as what you can do after the order was canceled by the seller, not much. You can't force him to honor the accepted offer. Feedback revenge is an option, well deserved.

On 1/24/2024 at 4:58 PM, Miketimus_Prime said:

To all the eBay sellers:

If you “accidentally” accepted a buyers offer, what do you do?

Recently had a seller cancel my order and offered to sell it to me at a higher price.  Any suggestions welcomed.

Not plausible to accidentally accept an offer its not a 1 click thing. But if say i was drunk and did i would just take my lumps and go through with the sale.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:25 AM, Poka said:
Neutral feedback

Decent book for reading- not for collecting!
Journey Into Mystery #118 Marvel 1965 Thor - The Destroyer GD 2.0 (#145488603153)

Buyer: cwwmu_9 (134)
US $14.99

Not sure what a buyer expect when graded as 2.0 Good

He’s a disciple of the max 2.0 grading scale:

2.0 - Good
1.0 - Bad
0.0 - You got some dust in your hand

On 2/9/2024 at 9:55 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

ebaybeckottwa.thumb.png.6e6e67e9e7ef22e1a0184679e052db44.png

ebaybeckottwafeedback.thumb.png.d8d28fd8087223c5cbc4e2f386f7cda6.png

image.png.2222ac3e68e491fdbf95714fa74fbf9e.png

image.thumb.png.1e1957b4fc58e48dbf63d2fc901cf863.png

Heh... hopefully you dinged him on the return shipping as well and with the cost of shipping both ways, in the end, it was "more expensive" to buy it locally.

Buyer purchased January 13th (Saturday). Tracking (9400108205499676839499) shows USPS in possession of item on Jan 16th, then on the 20th it's "Arriving Late" which is the last update. I filed a missing package claim with USPS, then refunded the full purchase price plus shipping to the buyer a week later. Today he left me the negative shown in the picture. Pretty appropriate username because it sounds like "jackhole." 

Screenshot_20240210_123840_eBay.jpg

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Add Ebay user named b_3071 to the list of deadbeat buyers. He purchased the most expensive item I currently have listed for $950 CAD and they did not pay or communicate. 

This one was extra annoying to me. The comic he bought had the most watchers of all that I had listed, and two offers had come in that were within $50 of the amount I would take. I sent out offers to the watchers and he snapped up the book, possibly beating out others who would have paid. I can't be 100% sure of course, but I am pretty certain that this book would have sold by now. Instead, I was forced to do that ridiculous 4 day wait before I could cancel without penalty even though I knew fairly quickly (by non-responsiveness) that he wasn't going to pay. 

This is the exact type of user that Ebay needs to get rid of, and you should all do yourselves a favour and pre-emptively block him. Sorry for the ranty summary but this dude really stroked me the wrong way.