• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

I sold something non-comic related and buyer canceled maybe 30 mins after paying with the reason of "Order placed by mistake." I relisted the item and was tempted to call them out in my listing (i.e., "relisting this because buyer [insert name] canceled after winning the auction"). Maybe a little petty if I did that. I really should just block them and move on. Just venting out loud I suppose...thanks for listening. Carry on. 

Here's a message I received through eBay yesterday.  I suppose this happens occasionally, buyers trying to circumvent the system by offering to purchase items outside of eBay.  It feels kind of skeezy, not to mention risky.  Any kind of buyer/seller protection goes out the window.  I'm trying to decide if it's block-worthy, or if I should just ignore it and move on.  Thoughts?

Also, can someone interpret the "Friday the thirteenth" part for me?

p.s.  The user has been on eBay for over 10 years and has a feedback rating in the hundreds.

ebay.jpg

Edited by Mutant Manatee

On 12/4/2023 at 10:45 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

Here's a message I received through eBay yesterday.  I suppose this happens occasionally, buyers trying to circumvent the system by offering to purchase items outside of eBay.  It feels kind of skeezy, not to mention risky.  Any kind of buyer/seller protection goes out the window.  I'm trying to decide if it's block-worthy, or if I should just ignore it and move on.  Thoughts?

ebay.jpg

Let me get my eBay decoder ring…..

On 12/4/2023 at 10:45 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

p.s.  The user has been on eBay for over 10 years and has a feedback rating in the hundreds.

ebay.jpg

No 13.5% in ebay fees. Friday = 5, 13 = 13. You flip the 5 to the back of the 13, it becomes 135. Which means you don't have to pay the 13.5% in ebay fees. If you were to sell to him off of ebay.

Edited by taro90

Ebay is so frustrating. I reached out to a seller with an offer on 2 listings so I could combine shipping and they agreed. The seller had international shipping set to ebay global shipping. Apparently when you use this you can't do combined shipping or a discounted invoice. The seller got frustrated and stopped messaging and relisted the item. I don't even blame the seller. Ebay wanted to charge $40 shipping on 2 x 25$ comics, Googling ebay global shipping nets tons of complaints.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:33 PM, mephistopheles said:

Ebay is so frustrating. I reached out to a seller with an offer on 2 listings so I could combine shipping and they agreed. The seller had international shipping set to ebay global shipping. Apparently when you use this you can't do combined shipping or a discounted invoice. The seller got frustrated and stopped messaging and relisted the item. I don't even blame the seller. Ebay wanted to charge $40 shipping on 2 x 25$ comics, Googling ebay global shipping nets tons of complaints.

Apparently eBay is "working on it"

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2023/12/1701399839.html/1/0#1701720441

On 12/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, Lightning55 said:

I read people complaining about it in 2017, so I won't hold my breath. IDK why anyone would even use that service. It's a complete rip off, and I never have issues receiving books via USPS. 

This seller seems to have several items, that when you go to the item, you see this message in the photo section.....

The "seller" is...igmsma_23

There is no option to "BIN" it on eBay, although a price of $2,910 is listed in the description.  Apparently you need to contact direct to purchase.  No surprise this seller has a feedback of 15 with numerous pages of items listed.

image.thumb.png.2a58393b4e3bdc6bc38985366935be0a.png

On 12/5/2023 at 8:38 AM, Hudson said:

This seller seems to have several items, that when you go to the item, you see this message in the photo section.....

The "seller" is...igmsma_23

There is no option to "BIN" it on eBay, although a price of $2,910 is listed in the description.  Apparently you need to contact direct to purchase.  No surprise this seller has a feedback of 15 with numerous pages of items listed.

image.thumb.png.2a58393b4e3bdc6bc38985366935be0a.png

An obvious scammer.  All of his listings seem to be gone now except for the railroad caboose.

On 12/9/2023 at 10:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Got this one today for the first time in a long time. Buyer has 4.5k feedback and a very
active seller with over 1k in sales? Do I believe this? I already accepted the offer when 
I got this email a little bit later.

image.thumb.png.fc86ca45a3d61b3f7c4179dd9584effb.png

That's a tough one. You'll have to use your best judgment. 

How does one get 4.5k feedbacks from 1k sales? My feedback received is like 1/3 of actual transactions, people losing interest in leaving feedback.

On 12/9/2023 at 10:55 PM, Lightning55 said:

That's a tough one. You'll have to use your best judgment. 

How does one get 4.5k feedbacks from 1k sales? My feedback received is like 1/3 of actual transactions, people losing interest in leaving feedback.

I am estimating I am sure their sales are higher, and I am sure there are some buys in there as well.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:26 AM, fastballspecial said:

I am estimating I am sure their sales are higher, and I am sure there are some buys in there as well.

It’s possible the account was hacked as high feedback sellers are big targets for scammers. If the device they’re using isn’t recognized by the payment method on file, they won’t be able to use this method to pay for the item and have it shipped to a different address or alter any settings without a website’s password. I’d report the account to eBay for possible fraud and block the buyer immediately. You can also see if they’re offering a high volume of high ticket items as this too is a red flag for scams

On 12/10/2023 at 11:06 AM, B2D327 said:

It’s possible the account was hacked as high feedback sellers are big targets for scammers. If the device they’re using isn’t recognized by the payment method on file, they won’t be able to use this method to pay for the item and have it shipped to a different address or alter any settings without a website’s password. I’d report the account to eBay for possible fraud and block the buyer immediately. You can also see if they’re offering a high volume of high ticket items as this too is a red flag for scams

I don't see any sign of hacking. The buyer asked @fastballspecial to decline the offer his son made. Nothing nefarious that would require reporting, or even blocking. Unless the son is the hacker.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:36 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

image.thumb.png.200ee9d0b758db1207be9c561e0b77db.png

ebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector4.thumb.png.37720061b9917b34f7ebb20a2c95c526.png

:eek: :screwy:

image.thumb.png.c5936ef3e06174bab75f86f4638b1e9d.png

(shrug)

image.thumb.png.afaedf902667d0a0d0c684552e09bde1.png

hm

ebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector.thumb.png.698883e36a6805403ba0f6318128a559.pngebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector2.thumb.png.b34b98e853b251c0fc0feb5c383dd4df.pngebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector3.thumb.png.06bea120cd3baab1c0d8b8631c4f9196.png

image.thumb.png.fd10dd2128d75356b5729ccb7e283878.png

meh

I was the underbidder on the #180. 

When the listings first went up he had a negative feedback for inflated shipping and refusing to combine but the seller successfully had it removed not long after the listings went live. 

He had a couple books I was interested in the - the #179 and 180 - but there’s nothing in his listing regarding his combined shipping policy so in light of the poofed feedback I messaged him and asked him what his policy was. He never responded. meh

His listing states he ships via Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box which is $17.10 and he’s charging $25 so he’s already gouging on shipping. The refusal to combine just takes it over the top. 

The guy is a tool but I decided to bid and just adjust my bid from what I was willing to pay down by $25.  

I wasn’t really bothered when I got outbid but I thought to myself the other guy is going to be in for an unpleasant surprise.  Sorry it ended up being you. :(

Edit to add:

When the listing was live it was showing Priority Medium Flat Rate box but now I see on your invoice he switched the shipping method the Media Mail.  $50.00 for Media Mail shipping.  What an absolute piece of work.

Also add:  weird, when I look at his profile on a desktop it shows only positive feedback, but when I look at his profile on the app it shows him as having a 100% feedback score but you can still see the negative feedback he had removed, lol

Edited by Number 6