• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2023 at 6:37 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Blocked for non-payment: hrach8485

Sent me this thoughtful message after I accepted his offer giving him a large discount...

"Hey I’m gonna need to cancel this order i have just over spent and need to stop spending money for awhile.. I’m sorry 😞 if I happen to do any bidding in the future with you I will pay promptly .."

:facepalm:

"I’m sorry 😞 if I happen to do any bidding in the future with you I will pay promptly ... unless of course I have just over spent again and then I'll need to cancel the order...again". :makepoint:

Buyer won an auction, then instantly, like as soon as it ended, asked to cancel. It's only a few bucks so whatever, but I just get tired of this foolishness.

paws.-900

End of Year Naughty List (low-ballers, non-payers, shillers/last minute bid retractors):

magus90, nortnic_dezaayl3, pimpdad43, tttogoo62, brother_derks, dirtys-98, hulk333, fspfre_pb8bo5gjp, iawea_0, stesoe_2047, iyslin, larperslounge, cassettetapeplayer, mike3660

On 12/5/2023 at 9:38 AM, Hudson said:

This seller seems to have several items, that when you go to the item, you see this message in the photo section.....

The "seller" is...igmsma_23

There is no option to "BIN" it on eBay, although a price of $2,910 is listed in the description.  Apparently you need to contact direct to purchase.  No surprise this seller has a feedback of 15 with numerous pages of items listed.

image.thumb.png.2a58393b4e3bdc6bc38985366935be0a.png

They are scammers. They actually hijack accounts and list a ton of keys. I run across them constantly and report them to eBay

On 4/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, MetalPSI said:

beatlebluecat

Hear about him here, but isn't on the list. Looks like they totally should be 

Had my first experience with this cat(see what I did there?), he sent me an offer, I looked at his vast 20 year history and accepted. Bad idea. After paying, he immediately tried to talk me down by first asking about the deepness of the color then saying he disagreed with CGC's grade. First he wanted to cancel, so I obliged, then I noticed he asked if I could give him a partial refund. Wanted to ask him if he liked when people made offers, paid then talked him down, but I refrained. Still it reminded me of this:

oldass.gif.a66610931b8215187810c68c24d5f3d4.gif

joby3785

Had a nice little auction for some Hot Wheels Crack-Ups. Not a huge auction but it had decent interest with several watchers and some people bidding on it. 2 minutes before the auction ends joby3785 puts in a bid a few hundred dollars more than the previous bid. Wins the auction and then messages me immediately asking me to retract his bid. Now I have to start all over again because of joby3785.

On 1/7/2024 at 6:40 AM, Dave2739 said:

joby3785

Had a nice little auction for some Hot Wheels Crack-Ups. Not a huge auction but it had decent interest with several watchers and some people bidding on it. 2 minutes before the auction ends joby3785 puts in a bid a few hundred dollars more than the previous bid. Wins the auction and then messages me immediately asking me to retract his bid. Now I have to start all over again because of joby3785.

Maybe he/she should get a "joby" to pay for their auction wins lol annoying when the try to, or retract.

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

On 1/7/2024 at 9:40 AM, Dave2739 said:

joby3785

Stuff like this made me stop using auction formats on Ebay.

On 12/15/2023 at 3:37 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Sent me this thoughtful message after I accepted his offer giving him a large discount...

"Hey I’m gonna need to cancel this order i have just over spent and need to stop spending money for awhile.. I’m sorry 😞 if I happen to do any bidding in the future with you I will pay promptly .."

Never ever cancel for a buyer in these kind of examples, just say nothing.  Relist and cancel for non-payment after 4-days.

eBay for me is an assembly line of buyers (mostly good).  I have no emotion to the bad ones just block and move on.

I quite enjoy my block bidder list, its like a badge of dis-honor lol

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/15/2023 at 5:18 AM, flchris said:

Just me or has there been an uptick in cancellations for whatever reasons lately? 

Interesting you say that.  In my 20 years on selling on eBay what I noticed is at the beginning of each new year in January there is an uptick.

My best guess is credit cards bills come due for all the useless junk most people buy during the Holiday season, and then they go "uh ohhhh" I cant afford this comic."  My best guess as to why this happens mainly in Jan/Feb.

Also then you see higher sales in March April May as income tax refunds come in, and people as per usual stupid with their money splurge. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

marioslosle

How much?   $1500  

This clown bought an ASM 13 CGC 6.0 from me for $1500 on Jan 6th.  Once he got the book, he bypassed eBay's return policy and went straight to his bank to file an unauthorized charge. Total Scammer, Luckily eBay said no matter the outcome of his banks' decision I get to keep the sale of the item. 

Edited by Kevin76

On 1/1/2024 at 10:45 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Had my first experience with this cat(see what I did there?), he sent me an offer, I looked at his vast 20 year history and accepted. Bad idea. After paying, he immediately tried to talk me down by first asking about the deepness of the color then saying he disagreed with CGC's grade. First he wanted to cancel, so I obliged, then I noticed he asked if I could give him a partial refund. Wanted to ask him if he liked when people made offers, paid then talked him down, but I refrained. Still it reminded me of this:

oldass.gif.a66610931b8215187810c68c24d5f3d4.gif

Figures Beatlebluecat would be a complete "tool" buyer since, as a seller, he's been the ongoing shill bid king for years...EVERY SINGLE AUCTION he has is shill bid numerous times by accounts that have 100% bidding activity with him and dozens of bid retractions. I, and many others, have reported him numerous times but of course nothing is ever done. 

On 12/15/2023 at 3:37 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

hrachebayoffer.thumb.png.2823825a36a5195738d2cb3422df1af2.png

image.thumb.png.58a28ea9f9fb8ea3a61ea67080c68e8f.png

meh

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

Just wanted to hop in and say thank you to every one over the years who have added to this. I just recently started selling on ebay started in July was super paranoid about scammers and people taking advantage of new seller etc. I have been adding pretty much every one who is posted on this thread to my list. I know it is not perfect and there is no real 100 percent way to protect from bad folks on online sales. But I do love the little bit of peace of mind this gives. Also feel bad for anyone who makes it on this tread cause buying cool books on ebay is pretty much shot down. Well best of luck to you all and thank you to every one for helping the little nameless guys like me out in the ebay selling space. 

Edited by ManAce86