• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 9:09 AM, Robot Man said:

Pre-internet they were pretty cheap but always been a bit of a challenge. 

Tell me about it.  I remember back around the mid-late '70's, one time when we went to the Saugus swap meet.  There was a guy who had a metal rack, displaying beautiful condition EC horror titles.  I just didn't have the scratch at the time.  8 bucks each.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:44 AM, fifties said:

Tell me about it.  I remember back around the mid-late '70's, one time when we went to the Saugus swap meet.  There was a guy who had a metal rack, displaying beautiful condition EC horror titles.  I just didn't have the scratch at the time.  8 bucks each.

I remember that one as well as the Azusa swap meet. Folks cleaning out their garages and basements.

The best was the Rose Bowl flea market. Old comics and pulps were all over there in the late ‘60’s-‘70’s.

Swap meets, garage sales, estate sales and flea markets are pretty dim for that stuff now.

On 1/17/2022 at 6:04 PM, KirbyJack said:

Great stuff!

Anyone think it’s possible that Frankie F. saw that beautiful lower left panel with the red planet and the space ship?

To clarify, I'm referring to the ship in the lower right panel. Someone with photoshop skills could decently approximate the FF214 cover with those two panels.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:04 PM, KirbyJack said:

Great stuff!

Anyone think it’s possible that Frankie F. saw that beautiful lower left panel with the red planet and the space ship?

Wow, great catch! I really agree this was an inspiration for the FF 214 cover. The red planet with the zipatone overlay here is super distinctive.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:59 PM, EC ed said:

After not really buying much last year, I just brought in what's sure to be my biggest upgrade haul of 2022 !!  It's extra special, because the books come from one of my dearest collecting buddies of all time :foryou: (worship)

The International Comics #4 used to be my copy, then I downgraded (bad decision :D ) - happy to bring the old copy back home after a few years away :sumo: . 

As far as I know, the TFTC #33 (which happens to be the Northford copy) is my first "Dallas Stephens" book (a collection that Chuck R. marketed back in the early 2000s). 

Jan22Haul.thumb.jpg.5369d8a9caaa71abf978a5a8354b6546.jpg

Excuse, me...I need to go sell some books now lol....:eek: 

Dang Ed! Them’s some purty funny books! I’m still trying to land even a reader of that International.