• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 1:18 PM, MrBedrock said:

How about in black and white?

HOF18cover.jpg

hof18cover.jpg

hof18.jpg

Really wonderful stuff.  A lot of Ingels looks better in B&W, but the colors on this issue were done very well.  Being able to view them side by side do you have a preference? 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:14 PM, MrBedrock said:

The art is ridiculously cool. There is one pretty cool difference with the art. On the comic the eyes are rolled back (white) on the head at the bottom right with the gremlin coming out of the mouth. Creepy. The white out on the eyes was removed during a cleaning revealing pupils underneath. The gremlin is crawling out of a live person! Super creepy!

It's fantastic.  I'm glad you have it and love it!

What is going on with the prices of the Russ Cochran EC comic book reprints from the nineties?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crime-Suspenstories-22-VF-8-5-1998/133884500064?hash=item1f2c235860:g:v8wAAOSwdDRhS4EL&pageci=001ece5a-e86a-4af9-a7c7-78d89a72e744&redirect=mobile

And some are pricier than that. I know I have a complete set of them somewhere. The prices are IMHO nuts.

Doesn’t really surprise me a lot. A number of ECs have gotton to the price where mere mortals are priced out.

Stands to reason that some of the reprint keys would start to rise. 

I saw a guy on IG selling nm- raw copies of Moon Knight #1 for $150. each. He had dozens of them and they were selling like hot cakes.

It never ceases to amaze me how much some people are willing to pay for things that are so common. 

On 2/2/2022 at 1:15 AM, Larryw7 said:

What is going on with the prices of the Russ Cochran EC comic book reprints from the nineties?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crime-Suspenstories-22-VF-8-5-1998/133884500064?hash=item1f2c235860:g:v8wAAOSwdDRhS4EL&pageci=001ece5a-e86a-4af9-a7c7-78d89a72e744&redirect=mobile

And some are pricier than that. I know I have a complete set of them somewhere. The prices are IMHO nuts.

The nuts prices are now reality.  Here's a list, sorted from most expensive, of CSS 22 solds on eBay, originals and reprints;  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Crime+Suspenstories+%2322&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

On 2/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, 18-22 said:

Daaay-um. Whoever bought these 3 books are dumbazzes :facepalm:

Screenshot_20220208-143315_Chrome.jpg.cedfdf160bbe005173c0b62a94355e3d.jpg

No, that seems to be the market now, little brother.  If only ONE sale were at a C-Note or above, we could say he overpaid, but three buyers seems to suggest a valid price level.  I know it's ridiculous for a friggen reprint to garner beyond maybe 10-15 bucks, but again, that seems to be the reality.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:36 PM, EdMann2 said:

IMG_2423.JPG

Cool! Although, even for me pretty un-readable, there is no denying the importance of these early EC humor books on the development of this seminal publisher. I can only think of maybe 3 collectors who have them all.

Love the “man hole” cover gag. I have quite a few of these as a “subset”