• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, aardvark88 said:

Revealing 2004 EC DVD interview with Marie Severin coloring disembowlments, stories about Wally Wood, Al Feldstein, Angelo Torres, Frazetta, brother John Severin, Jack Davis, moody Graham Ingels, Stan Lee, editor jumping on desk, SDCC fan crowds, and MORE:

Looks like a must see for me. Maybe released in 2021 but filmed quite a while ago since most of these folks are sadly, long gone.

To me, the pinnacle would be the 2000 SDCC. It was the big EC renunion. I spent most of my time at the panels, signings and the banquet.

Was a blast to hear all the stories from a rather large group who had probably never seen each other in 50 years.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:36 AM, Robot Man said:

To me, the pinnacle would be the 2000 SDCC. It was the big EC reunion. I spent most of my time at the panels, signings and the banquet.

Was a blast to hear all the stories from a rather large group who had probably never seen each other in 50 years.

Russ Cochran (RIP) 2004 interview reveals details of the origin of the Gaine's File Copies of EC greatness:

On 1/28/2022 at 11:40 AM, aardvark88 said:

Russ Cochran (RIP) 2004 interview reveals details of the origin of the Gaine's File Copies of EC greatness:

I was around when he put them up for sale. Bought as many as I could afford. I thought I knew the whole back story but I suspect I will learn something new! 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, Silver said:

I’m thinking about cracking it out so I can see what books it has, they’re all different, right?

Yup.

What a great evening read it'd be.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, Silver said:

I’m thinking about cracking it out so I can see what books it has, they’re all different, right?

Yes. Each one has remaindered issues from the year before. Contents vary. Mine are all raw so I have determined the contents. Contrary to some opinions, content can very much determine value.

My TOT #1 is a perfect example. It is from 1951. It contains 3 first horror issues and one second sci-fi issue.

Common sense says that more people would want my copy than another one with later issues. Thusly worth considerably more.

It took Jim Halperin to convince CGC to start noting contents.

Other than the fun of finding out what you have and the fun of reading it, I probably wouldn’t crack out a 9.0 just for that since it wouldn’t matter as much for that one. 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, Robot Man said:

My TOT #1 is a perfect example. It is from 1951. It contains 3 first horror issues and one second sci-fi issue.

Curious... which first issues are your talking about? COT 17, etc?