• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 8:32 AM, Robot Man said:

@EC ed Did you manage to land any of the Promise Collection ECs? 

No, I didn't go after any of them...didn't want to pay the "hype premium." I'll probably try to pick one up on the secondary market one of these days, if there's ever one at the right price...

On 1/20/2022 at 8:20 AM, EC ed said:

No, I didn't go after any of them...didn't want to pay the "hype premium." I'll probably try to pick one up on the secondary market one of these days, if there's ever one at the right price...

Smart move. I suspect this will happen. People are going to lose some money on these. 

On 1/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, KirbyJack said:

Celebrate! 
Just because you’ve done it before, doesn’t mean it’s not a big deal. Congratulations, RM!

Thanks mi amigo! I will say, the second time was a heck of a lot easier. Just a lot more expensive.

I will continue to do some upgrading and maybe fill in some holes in the romance, crime and Moon Girl titles if they present themselves at the right prices. One thing I won’t do this time is try to finish the humor titles. I had them all once and they aren’t worth todays prices to me.

So, you haven’t seen the end of me here yet! 

That issue of Crypt of Terror doesn't turn up very often, and it's usually at nose bleed prices. Congratulations on your new book, and on the completion of your quest.

I've gotta say; the "werewolf" on the cover of CoT17 is the mildest looking beast man I've ever seen.

Here's what I imagine his transformation monologue went like: " My fingernails! They're growing - becoming pointed! My ears, too! Why, my hair is mussed! - it must be half an inch longer...and...Good Lord! (choke!)...I...I'm not even wearing a tie! I've become a monster!"

On 1/26/2022 at 10:13 AM, IngelsFan said:

Just added to the PC. This is probably in my Top 5 fave EC covers (although admittedly that list changes a bit…)

C7280B27-BECC-4FF4-886C-5B8082A931E3.jpeg

I love that with this cover, the longer you look at it, the more you see. There is so much depth to this one that it never gets old

On 1/26/2022 at 10:27 AM, KirbyJack said:

Beautiful!  :applause:

Revealing 2004 EC DVD interview with Marie Severin coloring disembowlments, stories about Wally Wood, Al Feldstein, Angelo Torres, Frazetta, brother John Severin, Jack Davis, moody Graham Ingels, Stan Lee, editor jumping on desk, SDCC fan crowds, and MORE:

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, aardvark88 said:

Revealing 2021 EC interview with Marie Severin coloring disembowlments, stories about Wally Wood, Al Feldstein, Angelo Torres, Frazetta, brother John Severin, Jack Davis, moody Graham Ingels, Stan Lee, editor jumping on desk, and MORE:

Thanks for sharing this-I’m enjoying watching it!