• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

I've owned this book since 1991, but didn't get it graded until last year. The grade and page quality were exactly what I expected (I don't get to say that very often).

ws14_6of12c_zpsyxecicqv.jpg

:golfclap: Outstanding book!

+1

Loving these covers!!! :cloud9: Keep 'em coming.

I may have over paid for this one, but I really don't care. It gets tucked away for my daughter. I picked it up on the latest Clink auction. I guess you could say it's a solid 9.4. A few Boardies here may know it's provenance after leaving the Gaines archives. If you do, please feel free to PM me.

RAD163B22016115_143412.jpg

I may have over paid for this one, but I really don't care. It gets tucked away for my daughter. I picked it up on the latest Clink auction. I guess you could say it's a solid 9.4. A few Boardies here may know it's provenance after leaving the Gaines archives. If you do, please feel free to PM me.

That's an awesome book that I seriously considered, myself. A double cover Gaines File Copy! Probably the only one, of the 3,769 books that make up the collection. A masterful artistic effort, as well, and somehow a fitting end to the EC horror era... as the dawn rises, the grave robbers collect their shovels, load up their wagons, and shamble off.

Actually I thought you got a pretty decent deal!

How do I love thee, let me count the ways:

Gaines file copy

Last issue

White pages

Double-cover

Just a great, great book... congrat's!

How do I love thee, let me count the ways:

Gaines file copy

Last issue

White pages

Double-cover

Just a great, great book... congrat's!

Agreed on all counts! I love all the GFC, but have to admit I never heard of one with a double cover! Amazing stuff. :)

Thanks for catching that Steve! I'm going to investigate sending it (along with the Tales 22 maybe) back to CGC for a pedigree review.

My pleasure - it was just something that caught my eye. Hope it works out for you at CGC! :wishluck: