• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

same for the Ditko influences. hope they found a good actor to play the Ancient One. :)

He's an ancient pair of boobs now with the Marvel suits' white-washing, so it's now a she.

But on the bright side, Interstellar Overdrive made the sound track (from an old Pink Floyd album) - they go way back the Doc and Floyd.

And she plays the part perfectly.

How is this even possible?

She plays the part on the screen perfectly. I have no problem with them changing the gender of the character from what was in the original comics.

For any character or just this one?

same for the Ditko influences. hope they found a good actor to play the Ancient One. :)

He's an ancient pair of boobs now with the Marvel suits' white-washing, so it's now a she.

But on the bright side, Interstellar Overdrive made the sound track (from an old Pink Floyd album) - they go way back the Doc and Floyd.

She plays the part on the screen perfectly. I have no problem with them changing the gender of the character from what was in the original comics.

For what, changing gender roles? Everything should be assessed on its own individual merits.

For what, changing gender roles? Everything should be assessed on its own individual merits.

I'll never agree with that (shrug)

She’s quite glacial, ethereal-looking. For me, cast very well in the role.

No offense, but the character is not well casted as the character is a crusty, old Asian man.

She might have played the part well, but she is not well casted.

Absolutely. Did you enjoy the movie Paul?

First super-hero film I’ve been to watch in 2 years. Really enjoyed it, though a little disorientating in parts in Imax 3D. Can’t complain, though, as there was enough forewarning about that here on the boards.

It's not the Hulk we're talking about here, it's an unimposing, fragile looking, testosterone lacking old man. Why would an elderly woman not fit in this part just as well?

It's not the Hulk we're talking about here, it's an unimposing, fragile looking, testosterone lacking old man. Why would an elderly woman not fit in this part just as well?

I really don't want to argue about it, lets just agree to disagree :foryou:

Absolutely. Did you enjoy the movie Paul?

First super-hero film I’ve been to watch in 2 years. Really enjoyed it, though a little disorientating in parts in Imax 3D. Can’t complain, though, as there was enough forewarning about that here on the boards.

Just saw the 'normal' version and really enjoyed it.

I would love to see more reviews about the movie and less talk about box office numbers.

All these movie threads are turning into lame shareholders meetings.

I actually agree with this pretty strongly, I look forward to more talk about how they handled the characters and story.

+12

+13

+14

There have been months of details posted in this thread meant to encourage discussion about this movie other than box office details. Did you all miss those posts?

She also played satan in Constantine, and the film was better for it...

Satan was Peter Stromare. She was Gabriel

I really enjoy that movie. And especially because of these two actors. Really nailed the portrayals to complement the story overall.

I regret the wording of my reply to NWO. In retrospect, I didn't mean to complain so much as simply express my excitement for the further upcoming story discussion that is sure to ensue as soon as most people have seen the film. :)

ICJaboT.jpg

How did I get here? Everything before now seems a dream.

:foryou:

She also played satan in Constantine, and the film was better for it...

Satan was Peter Stromare. She was Gabriel

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I really liked Constantine and thought it more than did the comic justice. "Dangerous Habits" was the first Hellblazer storyline I ever read (think it was Garth Ennis's first as well) and the movie adapted it amazingly well -- except for the fact that Keanu's neither, you know, British, nor blonde...

I really don't want to argue about it, lets just agree to disagree :foryou:

(thumbs u

Seen the movie tonight and thought it was great! Mind blowing effects, Pumpkinpatch was a damn good Strange.