• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,543 posts in this topic

The highest price ever paid for a restored copy was $64k for the 9.0 SP Church copy in Feb 2004.

The highest graded restored copy sold was a MP 9.4 that sold for $26k in Nov 2010.

I have no idea what an EP copy would sell for now. Maybe $125k (if it wasn't an igb re-re-creation)? (shrug)

-J.

I sold an MP 9.0 Cap 1 for $45K last year, fyi

Inline with ComicLink's 8.5 EP auction result.

That was a Voldemort/igb re-re-creation though.

-J.

No it was not. The 9.4 will be though.

-J.

(shrug)

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DCaptain%2Bamerica%2Bcomics%2B1%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1089151

-J.

-J.

(shrug)

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DCaptain%2Bamerica%2Bcomics%2B1%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1089151

-J.

it was a cbcs, but not a Meyers recreation

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

a: IGB don't produce 8.5 copies

b: one easy way to spot it is by the label notes. ALL IGB productions have "Extensive Color Touch and Pieces added to cover"

ComicLink copy only states Color Touch and Pieces added.

Details you see. ;)

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

b: one easy way to spot it is by the label notes. ALL IGB productions have Extensive Color Touch and Pieces added to cover

Details you see. ;)

lol Good point.

I'm wondering if every high grade GA or SA restored book in a CBCS slab might be getting some of the same stigma at this point by default.

-J.

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

b: one easy way to spot it is by the label notes. ALL IGB productions have Extensive Color Touch and Pieces added to cover

Details you see. ;)

lol Good point.

I'm wondering if every high grade GA or SA restored book in a CBCS slab might be getting some of the same stigma at this point by default.

-J.

You answered your own question in the above post.

-J.

(shrug)

-J.

Details you see. ;)

lol Good point.

-J.

You answered your own question in the above post.

Seems as if CBCS may have made a bit of a devil's bargain with the Meyers. hm

If it's a 9.6/9.8 Extensive in a Voldemort holder and looks fake, then yes.

If not, then maybe a professionally restored book will have less stigma (to collectors who accept restoration) knowing that it's not an IGB recreation.

Seems as if CBCS may have made a bit of a devil's bargain with the Meyers. hm

That's two-thirds of the players; there's still the entity who is funding all this behind-the-scenes.

:popcorn:

Once a book has an EP rating, could it be restored to a 9.6 without any further harm? I guess I don't really understand the difference in buying an EP 6.0 or EP 9.6. Since the book already has the most restored label, why not restore it all the way to 9.6 if that would sell for more. Can any book be extensively restored to 9.6?

The highest price ever paid for a restored copy was $64k for the 9.0 SP Church copy in Feb 2004.

The highest graded restored copy sold was a MP 9.4 that sold for $26k in Nov 2010.

I have no idea what an EP 9.4 copy would sell for now. Maybe $125k (if it wasn't an igb re-re-creation)? (shrug)

-J.

You believe an EP restored Cap 1 could get 125K?

I don't have the time to go back through the threads, but aren't you the guy who said the recently found poor condition Action 1 wasn't worth 50K?

Even if that book was given the most expensive resto ever performed that would mean you value a restored Cap 1 about 70K more than an equivalent Action 1.

Edited by bluechip

Even if that book was given the most expensive resto ever performed that would mean you value a restored Cap 1 about 70K more than an equivalent Action 1.

Yeah but Jay is biased ;)

Yeah but Jay is biased ;)

lol .....Totally biased, and I clearly stated I had no idea and then just pulled a number out of my .

(but I still wouldn't pay even $50k for that action 1. I don't think I would pay anything for that copy, all due respect to those who would and more, just to own any copy of an action 1.)

-J.