• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

Sooo.... We got A badge (1) for SDCC but its for all four days! Waiting on my professional badge status, so we might have 2-3 badges! Also, we're putting a down payment for a 3-bedroom, 1 bath house rental in the Gas Lamp district of San Diego...About 10 blocks away from the Convention Center. All hotels within 10 miles are SOLD OUT...Anyone interested in being Aquaman and Mera's roommates? PM me. Price about $150 a night.

In the waiting room at 8:40 PST. Shut out. Several people I know never made it in as well.

I know one person who was able to get 3 Sundays for the family. Congrats to them. I really wish they showed us where in Que we really were at? Sometimes I think the blue spinning light is rigged.

I feel like I've been shot. Is there a secondary market for tickets eg resale for higher value from an agent?

I have heard of this but SDCC makes it very difficult. What may work, if you are down there, is to offer someone you know payment to "rent" their badge. Maybe someone with a full pass wants to take one of the days off, or part of a day off the con and let you have access to that one day. When there is a will there is a way, but be careful of those selling counterfeit tickets.

So this was the first time I've actually tried to get in and get tickets and I managed to secure a Sunday badge. I'm on the east coast so I'm trying to figure out how to make it worth it. Does having the Sunday badge allow me to register on-site for next year while I'm there?

Anyone need a one night roommate?

So this was the first time I've actually tried to get in and get tickets and I managed to secure a Sunday badge. I'm on the east coast so I'm trying to figure out how to make it worth it. Does having the Sunday badge allow me to register on-site for next year while I'm there?

You get to try to win badges before it goes to the public, Round #1 (next year). This was Round #2 (General Public for those who didn't have any for 2014 or those who couldn't get badges in Round #1). No onsite purchases anymore.

You get to try to win badges before it goes to the public, Round #1 (next year). This was Round #2 (General Public for those who didn't have any for 2014 or those who couldn't get badges in Round #1). No onsite purchases anymore.

Thanks, I feel better about my chances for next year I suppose but still need to figure out if it is worth going for just one day of the show. Might try a early morning flight Saturday, find a place to stay Saturday night and do my one day at the show and fly out Sunday night or Monday. Gives me plenty of time to check out everything else I guess.

You can crash on the floor with us Michael if you do end up making the trip. Just pack an air mattress.

This will be my first time going and was stoked to get all days including preview. Managed to also score a hotel room within 7 miles of the convention center for a decent price. Con tickets, flight, hotel and car booked and ready for July. SOOO STOKED!

I am not a known person on these boards, but I wont mind sharing room space with any on the boards, to help mitigate costs for everyone involved. If you end up needing a place to crash, feel free to PM me and we can work something out.

Is it easier to get NYCC? That's my back up plan.

Any comic book convention ticket is easier to obtain than SDCC.

Last year, tickets to NYCC were easier to obtain than SDCC. Last year, I had a SDCC exhibitor badge and also waited in the queue, but only got a Sunday attendee badge. This year, could not get a regular attendee badge. After attending SDCC for 25 straight years, I decided to go to London, Chicago, and New York instead.

For NYCC, you need to try to purchase a badge as soon as they become available. I have noticed that NYCC badges are selling out sooner, but not like SDCC.

Last year, tickets to NYCC were easier to obtain than SDCC. Last year, I had a SDCC exhibitor badge and also waited in the queue, but only got a Sunday attendee badge. This year, could not get a regular attendee badge. After attending SDCC for 25 straight years, I decided to go to London, Chicago, and New York instead.

For NYCC, you need to try to purchase a badge as soon as they become available. I have noticed that NYCC badges are selling out sooner, but not like SDCC.

Right. I think the four-day NYCC tickets sold out very fast. Thursday, Friday, and Sunday tickets were easy, though.

Right. I think the four-day NYCC tickets sold out very fast. Thursday, Friday, and Sunday tickets were easy, though.

Hi Tony :hi:

The most enjoyable part of any convention is meeting boardies in person!

Hi Tony :hi:

The most enjoyable part of any convention is meeting boardies in person!

Ray, That's soooo true. Unless, of course, they beat you to the best books! :D