• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

I managed to get the Hyatt again this year, which was my first choice. I've been at the Hyatt 6 of the 7 years i've attended the con and always enjoyed it. I've got everything done and settled for the trip this year, so pretty excited. Now I just need to save up for the show.

I managed to get the Hyatt again this year, which was my first choice. I've been at the Hyatt 6 of the 7 years i've attended the con and always enjoyed it. I've got everything done and settled for the trip this year, so pretty excited. Now I just need to save up for the show.

Congrats on the Hyatt. I have stayed there several times in the past but the last 7 or 8 years getting a hotel, not to mention tickets to the show, are becoming even more and more of a pain. I've got my 4-day pass (no Preview night) but staying all the way out at a Motel 6 in Chula Vista this time! Seriously boned on the hotel. This will be my 24th year in a row but as soon as I don't get at least a 4-day pass, then I am done. The comicon culture is just getting bigger each year it seems. Though that is nice to see, it makes the whole thing even tougher for us veteran diehards to keep going.

They are crazy. It was easy to get parking tickets and no stress. They are trying to hype it up. They just select a parking location? That is stupid.

You don't remember last year when everyone was charged triple the going rate and it was complete chaos for several days? They were ripped apart on Facebook and Twitter.

I don't remember that. I didn't have any issues w/ ACE Parking last year. That sucks for those who had issues. I''m hoping I win my parking spot. Then I'm still hoping for a miracle for SDCC Tix.some where.

So apparently a lot of people submissions didn't go through according to the email sdcc sent out.

I didn't get the sdcc email. If the Ace application was done correctly, you received a confirmation email the following day. My brother got group 2 (whatever that means).

some interesting stuff from Ace's facebook

15,000 entries

6 Groups of 500 people

also That is not necessarily true. You have a chance of getting to park anywhere. There are not a certain number of spots per group, everything is first come first serve. CC and Hilton will probably be the first to fill but that does not mean that by the time your turn comes the lot will be full. There are roughly 2,000 spaces in the convention center.

Group 1 : "Your sale date is currently set to start 4/27/15 at 10am PDT and end at midnight on 5/1/15"

Group 2 : "Your sale date is currently set to start 5/4/15 at 10am PDT and end at midnight on 5/8/15"

Group 3 : "Your sale date is currently set to start 5/11/15 at 10am PDT and end at midnight on 5/15/15"

Group 4 : "Your sale date is currently set to start 5/18/15 at 10am PDT and end at midnight on 5/22/15"

Group 5 : "Your sale date is currently set to start 5/25/15 at 10am PDT and end at midnight on 5/29/15"

Group 6 : "Your sale date is currently set to start 6/1/15 at 10am PDT and end at midnight on 6/5/15"

Would buying a parking pass make any sense? I'm in group 1 which is available right now and is guaranteed a spot at either the convention center or the Hilton from what I understand, but my plans got blown out of the water so now I won't be going. Could I sell it? Doubt I would bother at this point but thought I would ask. And wow, not a lot of talk about San Diego for the last two weeks huh? :lol:

Lottery for tickets, lottery for hotel rooms and now a lottery for parking? If you get lucky on all three them you have to pay inflated food and drink prices and wade through 1,000's of the "undead" and unwashed elbow to elbow. I mean, is it really worth it? I went to most all the SD cons from the third or 4th one up to 2 years ago and have just given up. Too bad for the dealers because I am a veteran collector that spends a lot of money in the dealer's room but I'm done. Oh, I forgot, it's not a comic con anymore...Have fun guys!

Lottery for tickets, lottery for hotel rooms and now a lottery for parking? If you get lucky on all three them you have to pay inflated food and drink prices and wade through 1,000's of the "undead" and unwashed elbow to elbow. I mean, is it really worth it? I went to most all the SD cons from the third or 4th one up to 2 years ago and have just given up. Too bad for the dealers because I am a veteran collector that spends a lot of money in the dealer's room but I'm done. Oh, I forgot, it's not a comic con anymore...Have fun guys!

I hear you. It is a damn hassle every year. I was lucky to get a 4-day pass this year but unlucky to only end up with sh@t for a hotel. I have thought about not going, and I imagine the next time I cannot get at least a 4-day pass that I will not go, but that would be a shame because I look forward to this show every year, and then to just let it slip on by would be a bummer. But when considering the hassle it has become to make the arrangements each year, then I start feeling like you and figuring, yeah it may not be worth it. I guess I will let fate decide. All depends on how the ticketing goes each year.

I just want to make it out there once for the experience and it does seem like you are playing a slot machine. You have to land on the 4 day pass, the group 1 for parking lottery, the hotel, and the flight to win the jackpot.

Hey don't get me wrong. I am not a bitter old man. (Well maybe just a little). This is the one con you should experience on your bucket list. It is pretty mind blowing. It just isn't a "comic con" anymore. If you are young, got a lot of money, don't mind crowds and are lucky it is a very unforgettible experience. I live 2 hours away and can drive there (if I could park) and I am done. You could almost fly to Chicago, Baltimore or NY for the same amount of money for a true comic con. Funny thing, after not going for 2 years I miss it very little...

Would buying a parking pass make any sense? I'm in group 1 which is available right now and is guaranteed a spot at either the convention center or the Hilton from what I understand, but my plans got blown out of the water so now I won't be going. Could I sell it? Doubt I would bother at this point but thought I would ask. And wow, not a lot of talk about San Diego for the last two weeks huh? :lol:

You could sell it. Just don't post it on eBay since there are a couple people that are flipping it for 300+ and I think people who didn't get parking are just reporting and sending complaints to ACE about it.

I did get my parking yesterday no problems purchasing it.