• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

Would buying a parking pass make any sense? I'm in group 1 which is available right now and is guaranteed a spot at either the convention center or the Hilton from what I understand, but my plans got blown out of the water so now I won't be going. Could I sell it? Doubt I would bother at this point but thought I would ask. And wow, not a lot of talk about San Diego for the last two weeks huh? :lol:

You could sell it. Just don't post it on eBay since there are a couple people that are flipping it for 300+ and I think people who didn't get parking are just reporting and sending complaints to ACE about it.

I did get my parking yesterday no problems purchasing it.

That's crazy, but I guess if somebody needs it they need it. I've already squared it away with somebody. It's all good.

We will be at the same booth as always #5569

2 Months, 9 Days to go :banana:

Stop dancing and find me a room :baiting:

Check in Chula Vista. Still rooms left in several hotels. Straight shot down the trolley line, about eight miles out. That's where I'm staying. It may not be the preferred option but it works!

Well my condo rental fell through. If anyone has a reservation they are getting rid of please let me know.

doh! This came like 3 days after SDCC told me to put up or shut up on one of my reservations downtown. I had to let it go. Sorry about that.

Keep an eye on the resale or go to the travel planners site. All of those rooms should be hitting the market now.

Well my condo rental fell through. If anyone has a reservation they are getting rid of please let me know.

doh! This came like 3 days after SDCC told me to put up or shut up on one of my reservations downtown. I had to let it go. Sorry about that.

Keep an eye on the resale or go to the travel planners site. All of those rooms should be hitting the market now.

Thanks for bringing this up! A lot of the Mission Valley and those hotels that are 4-7 miles out but on the shuttle route are now available again. I just booked Town and Country and cancelled my Chula Vista Motel 6 reservation.

Thanks for bringing this up! A lot of the Mission Valley and those hotels that are 4-7 miles out but on the shuttle route are now available again. I just booked Town and Country and cancelled my Chula Vista Motel 6 reservation.

That's a sucky hotel but I guess better than nothing. I had to book it one year when the con offered 4 day passes if you booked these outer area hotels.

BTW, don't even consider eating at the hotel restaurant.

You'll thank me later.

That's a sucky hotel but I guess better than nothing. I had to book it one year when the con offered 4 day passes if you booked these outer area hotels.

You'll thank me later.

Oh yeah, I am not super excited about getting that place, but believe me, much better than the Motel 6 out in Chula Vista! I just got boned this year on hotels, but had to take the best I could. For anyone still griping about not being able to find a room, at this time there are PLENTY available through the regular SDCC hotel booking site, but they are all 4+ miles away, though most on the shuttle route.

You'll thank me later.

Oh yeah, I am not super excited about getting that place, but believe me, much better than the Motel 6 out in Chula Vista! I just got boned this year on hotels, but had to take the best I could. For anyone still griping about not being able to find a room, at this time there are PLENTY available through the regular SDCC hotel booking site, but they are all 4+ miles away, though most on the shuttle route.

T&C is really an old hotel. Water pressure was really high. As soon as you turn on the sink, water will splash everywhere. Toilet needs to be flushed twice. Bring ear plugs. Air-conditioner and ventilation system resonates really loud, so you will need the ear plugs to sleep.

Any Board meetings and/or dinners going on?

I went to one a few years ago, it was fun. I haven't seen anything sense then.

there hasn't been anything formal for the last couple of years.If anybody wants to get together for drinks one day, let me know, I'm game.

I'm extremely disappointed with the exclusives announcements.

I haven't seen even one exclusive that would be worth spending 10 minutes in line for.

And where is the t-shirt pre-order announcement?

I'm extremely disappointed with the exclusives announcements.

I haven't seen even one exclusive that would be worth spending 10 minutes in line for.

And where is the t-shirt pre-order announcement?

totally agree. Only thing I'm looking for is the Construcon.

Any dealers who are going to be at the show, I'm looking for the following things:

Adventure 267 4.5-6.5

Pre-1980 Dan DeCarlo Archie art featuring Betty and Veronica

Harry Lucey Archie Art

If you have any of these and will be bringing them to the show, let me know.