• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

So this was the first time I've actually tried to get in and get tickets and I managed to secure a Sunday badge. I'm on the east coast so I'm trying to figure out how to make it worth it. Does having the Sunday badge allow me to register on-site for next year while I'm there?

Anyone need a one night roommate?

You can crash on the floor with us Michael if you do end up making the trip. Just pack an air mattress.

:whee: See everything I said about Doug is true! Thanks man!

I swear I heard last year that they were to to focus on nycc and dc was going to focus on sdcc.

I thought Gunn just meant Marvel studios wasn't going to be there. There's no way they can't set up at SDCC

Marvel Comics will be there. I think everyone is freaking out over nothing. If the studios do not appear then that is good for Saturday cause last year their booth was the worst place to be when the whole Avengers cast was there. They would be better off doing their own event like they did last year so that way their news doesn't get shuffled up with all the other news that comes out of the con.

San Diego Comic-Con 2015 Parking Related Information

Customer Service Contact Information

P: 855.Ace-Park (223-7275)

Support Email: cci-info@aceparking.com

Registration Email: cci2015@aceparking.com

UPDATE: 3/11/15.

Comic-Con 2015 Parking Permit Registration

Comic-Con Fans: This time around, we’re doing it differently. We want to provide the best experience possible and take the pain and pressure out of the process. So for this years sale, we’re going to a lottery based system.

How does it work?

Registration is easy. Send an email into cci2015@aceparking.com and you’re done.

Ace will collect entries until April 12th and then hold a random drawing to select the winners.

If your entry is selected, you will be guaranteed a spot at one of our Ace locations for as many days as you require during the show.

The lots will be filled in order as shown below:

Convention Center

Hilton Garage

Petco Lots (excluding Campus lot which will be closed for construction during Comic-Con)

Padres Parkade

Diamond View Tower

Horton Plaza

Gaslamp City Square

Entries will be selected at random up to the capacity of each location. If your entry is selected, you will receive an email back from us by April 15th. Included in that email will be details on how to purchase your permit at the location you were drawn for. If you choose not to purchase your permit, it will be forfeited.

You must register first at the email above in order to be included in the drawing. Entries by phone, writing or through other email addresses will not be considered and only one entry per account will be considered.

The locations in the list above are the most sought after locations and therefore they are the ones that will participate in the lottery. Following the sellout of the lots above, the system will be opened to the public for purchase of any remaining inventory.

Ace values our customers. This year we hope to provide a better experience and take the pressure out of the process. We believe this new lottery system is the best way to make that happen.

Sincerely,

Ace Parking

Q: If my entry is selected for a lot, can I purchase a permit for multiple days, or just a single day.?

A: When you enter the system to purchase your permit, you will have the option to purchase permits for all four days during the show.

Q: Can I register multiple times for the lottery?

A: Yes and no, the system will accept your entries, but the drawing will be restricted to one entry per email address.

Q: What is the link for the site selling the permits?

A: https://space.aceparking.com/events We are releasing the link to the site that will be selling the permits ahead of time so you will be able to get familiar with the site and setup an account in the system, if you so choose. The permits will be sold by our reservation website at space.aceparking.com. The link to the page that will be selling the permits in the system is: https://space.aceparking.com/events/. Credit cards are not stored on the site and the site is fully PCI compliant.

Q: What are the operating hours for the lots?

Open TBD: Tailgate Park, Triangle, MTS, 707 Broadway, Gaslamp City Square.

Open TBD: Convention Center, Hilton Bayfront garage, Padres Parkade, Diamond View Towers, Horton Plaza.

Q: What is the decal number field in the user account setup?

A: The decal number field is for Associates of Ace Parking Only and you can leave it blank.

Q: Do the lots offer over-sized vehicle parking?

A: No, vehicles over 18 feet will be turned away and not allowed to park even with a valid permit. Sorry.

Q: Does my permit include in-and-out privileges for the day?

A: No, in-and-out privileges are not allowed. If you leave the lot your space will become available for another drive-up customer to park in. Sorry.

Q: Does the on-line system require me to setup an account to purchase my permits?

A: Yes. You will need to setup an account during the checkout process. Your account will enable system features such as the ability to print your permit in the future, and tie all purchased permits to a single barcode that you can carry on your smart device for use at scanner equipped lots. Your account will be available for future purchases for parking at next years Comic-Con and other events with the same barcode assigned to you which will be replenished with future permit purchases as they are made.

Q: Will the system allow me to purchase multiple permits per day?

A: No. Each account is restricted to one permit per day for Comic-Con. If you need to purchase more than one permit, you will need to setup multiple accounts.

Q: Is there a way to purchase Comic-Con permits other than online?

A: The only way you can purchase advance parking permits for Comic-Con from Ace Parking is through the online system. However, the majority of the lots included in the online sale and others that are not included will be available for drive up parking the day of the event. Drive up availability will be first come, first served for the remaining spaces not reserved online. The lots are expected to fill up fast. If you are planning to find parking the day of the event, you should get there early.

Q: Can cars be parked overnight? Or just during the hours of the event?

A: Overnight parking is not permitted. The lots close at 2am and reopen at 6am (Convention Center opens at 5am). They close so they can be prepared for the next day. Most lots are pre-sold to full capacity each day, so any cars on the lot after 2am, will be towed at the owners expense.

Q: What if I drive a different car the day of the event?

A: This year there is no need to enter details about your vehicle when you purchase your permit. The program doesn’t even prompt for them. We only request that you place a copy of your printed permit on your dashboard so it can be scanned by our lot enforcement personnel.

Q: Can I make a copy of my permit and give it to my friend?

A: No. The permits are lot specific and can only be redeemed once. If a copy is found, the vehicle will be ticketed. If you’ve copied your permit and given it to a friend, the second permit scanned will be in violation and that may end up being your car. The permits are bar coded and lot enforcement personnel will be making the rounds scanning/redeeming them.

Q: Handicap Parking?

A: ADA spaces are first come first served. The Convention Center and Hilton Bay Front are the best choices for ADA parking.

Q: Will the passes sold on-line include a fee?

A: Yes, a fee of $4.95 per pass, per day will be added at checkout.

Looks like I will miss my first sdcc since 1988

It is a hotel issue that sdcc won't resolve. Ugh

Rick,

The dealer sales for hotel rooms started in January. Even though I am not a dealer, my friend asked me whether I wanted a room at the Marriott for SDCC and I told him that I would spend my cash elsewhere. I am currently in London and will try to contact my dealer buddy. Marriott rooms run about $270 plus hotel tax, not including $31 a day parking. SDCC prices just got too ridiculous.

For SDCC, It's who you know not how nice you are. :P

They are crazy. It was easy to get parking tickets and no stress. They are trying to hype it up. They just select a parking location? That is stupid.

You don't remember last year when everyone was charged triple the going rate and it was complete chaos for several days? They were ripped apart on Facebook and Twitter.

It's been quiet here recently! But just you wait. In about 25 minutes from when I write this peeps are gonna' start bragging about how fast they got through the hotel process.

9:02 done!

9:03!

2 minutes, 30 seconds!

etc.

Good luck everyone!

That was a mess

4 mins this time

Had to change browsers since the Hotel select wouldn't work in Chrome.

Requested:

Hilton Gaslamp

San Diego Marriott Marquis

Hard Rock Suite

Hard Rock Studio

Omni

Hilton San Diego Bayfront

I chose the top favorites for myself as well. Took about three minutes. The only frustrating thing for me was the box that said something like "book me in any other downtown hotel if my choices are not available. This will take me OFF of the waiting list".

I was willing to accept any other downtown hotel but I still wanted to be on the waiting list. It was the waiting list that saved me one year. Oh well, we'll see how it goes!