• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

CGC expected Joey to turn away comics that were going to another grader.

They did...?

Where did they post this?

Right now, by referring to him as a competitor,

Can you please post a link of the thread where CGC referred to him as a competitor? :)

I quoted a post where someone on this board referred to him as one. He's not a representative of CGC, but his explanation of the poofed threads is that CGC does not allow discussion of competitors. If that is a valid explanation, CGC is considering him a competitor. If you have a better explanation I'm all ears.

Nope. I said CCG (parent of CGC) also owns CCS which competes (at least on pressing) with Joey.

They did...?

Right now, by referring to him as a competitor,

Can you please post a link of the thread where CGC referred to him as a competitor? :)

I quoted a post where someone on this board referred to him as one. He's not a representative of CGC, but his explanation of the poofed threads is that CGC does not allow discussion of competitors. If that is a valid explanation, CGC is considering him a competitor. If you have a better explanation I'm all ears.

Oh, I see. So you're inferring that CGC is treating him like a competitor, rather than actually having a statement from CGC that they "expected him to turn away comics that were going to another grader." So, that statement was rather an assumption, not a statement of fact?

I thought that was a rather odd position, that CGC would expect and tell someone to turn away books that were going to someone else. How would they know...?

:)

They did...?

Right now, by referring to him as a competitor, because he presses comics that go someplace other than CGC. If CGC and Joey had some sort of exclusive deal I'd imagine he'd be the only presser they accepted submissions from. If they're both freelancing then why remove all mention of him on the forum?

I don't think CGC is expecting Joey to turn away books going to CBCS.

I think CGC is just not going to allow a competitor to have a thread cheerleading him on their own site.

Very big difference.

Very big.

They did...?

Right now, by referring to him as a competitor, because he presses comics that go someplace other than CGC. If CGC and Joey had some sort of exclusive deal I'd imagine he'd be the only presser they accepted submissions from. If they're both freelancing then why remove all mention of him on the forum?

I think CGC is just not going to allow a competitor to have a thread cheerleading him on their own site.

Very big difference.

Very big.

It's sooooo big that apparently only about 3 people can see it.

Oh, I see. So you're inferring that CGC is treating him like a competitor,

No, I directly responded to a post where someone else did. For sake you're smug about nothing. Look at the post you quoted where I made the statement you have such a problem with, and then look at the post I quoted when I made that statement.

And you still haven't provided any explanation other than "CGC is mad because Joey presses comics that go to that other company" for all the poofed threads.

Which makes the nonsense of removing posts discussing or alluding to it even more ridiculous.

But the threads did promote Joey's pressing service at the expense of CCS's.

It's no different than a lawyer pumping himself on another law firm's site.

From what I can gather from the exchange between Ze and Joey, Joey knew it was coming. I think he's more disappointed in the way it was carried out.

As he should be. One thing that has been forgotten is Joey is still a customer of CGC.

But will he be after the way this whole thing has been handled (or not handled at all)?

hm

Yep. Treating someone as an enemy is a good way to make an enemy.

Maybe I'm confused. Who is being treated like an enemy by CGC?

They did...?

Very big difference.

Very big.

It's sooooo big that apparently only about 3 people can see it.

That would account for the deletion of one thread. But every thread where Joey was ever mentioned on this board over the course of several years? Was some other company being cheerleaded in every post of every thread that ever mentioned Joey or his service?

No, I directly responded to a post where someone else did. For sake you're smug about nothing. Look at the post you quoted where I made the statement you have such a problem with, and then look at the post I quoted when I made that statement.

And you still haven't provided any explanation other than "CGC is mad because Joey presses comics that go to that other company" for all the poofed threads.

Why are you allowing your emotions to rule your reason? There's no need to be rude.

You said, and I quote "CGC expected Joey to turn away comics that were going to another grader."

I asked you to provide proof that they said or did such a thing, which would be highly inappropriate for anyone to say or do...and you could not, because it doesn't exist.

Be careful what you say, if you don't want people to challenge it.

It's no different than a lawyer pumping himself on another law firm's site.

Not quite. For a while Joey was happily doing business on this board with full endorsement of CGC, until CGC eventually decided to provide the service themselves. It's more like a lawyer promoting his wares on a site owned by a guy thinking of one day going to law school maybe, and then years later when he actually graduates he deletes every mention of the previous lawyer.

Also, every time that previous lawyer handled a case, the law school student got paid, accumulating to countless thousands of dollars we can only speculate at the moment.

Why are you allowing your emotions to rule your reason? There's no need to be rude.

You said, and I quote "CGC expected Joey to turn away comics that were going to another grader."

I asked you to provide proof that they said or did such a thing, which would be highly inappropriate for anyone to say or do...and you could not, because it doesn't exist.

That wasn't a statement, it was a question. You took a portion of my question out of context, removed the punctuation, and presented it as a statement.

I don't see how Joey is a competitor strictly because people who use his services may also use the services of a competitor. If they expected his services to be exclusive to their company maybe they should have put him on their payroll, or bought controlling share of his company.

CGC expected Joey to turn away comics that were going to another grader. I wonder if CGC would turn away comics that were pressed by one of Joey's competitors?

The statement you have such a problem with starts with "I don't see how Joey is a competitor"

See how snipping fractions of a sentence and then using them out of context changes everything?

:)

Now if you'll take time out of your incredibly busy day of trolling the internet, click the link I quoted, and you'll get the full context of my statement, reposted here in it's entirety for you.

Well gosh, this doesn't feel like a slippery slope.

If Greggy would have said that the boards would be in an uproar right about now.

lol

Took me a while but I finally got it. lol

Well gosh, this doesn't feel like a slippery slope.

If Greggy would have said that the boards would be in an uproar right about now.

lol

Took me a while but I finally got it. lol

???

That wasn't a statement, it was a question. You took a portion of my question out of context, removed the punctuation, and presented it as a statement.

Here is your entire quote, unedited:

I don't see how Joey is a competitor strictly because people who use his services may also use the services of a competitor. If they expected his services to be exclusive to their company maybe they should have put him on their payroll, or bought controlling share of his company.

CGC expected Joey to turn away comics that were going to another grader. I wonder if CGC would turn away comics that were pressed by one of Joey's competitors?

Please show me what was taken out of context. There was no punctuation removed, as you claim. There was no question, as you claim. There was nothing "taken out of context", as you claim.

Now, if that is not what you intended to say, that's different, and is on you to explain further, rather than claiming others have taken your statements "out of context." I can only respond to what you actually say.

The post is still there, for all to see.

meh

The thing I was first impressed about with CGC was their transparency. You knew who was doing the work. Actual representatives of the company were active on the forum in a capacity beyond "CGCMOD"

Also, there were explanations for newbies about the competition. Who they were, what their pros and cons were, and why CGC was better.

Transparency and interaction with customers, puts people at ease. Without those two things, how does anyone really know which of several options is better? But the lack of those things may not be industry wide soon, just site wide.

Now imagine the problems with the census if competitors are not mentioned in any way?

Please show me what was taken out of context. There was no punctuation removed, as you claim. There was no question, as you claim. There was nothing "taken out of context", as you claim.

Now, if that is not what you intended to say, that's different, and is on you to explain further, rather than claiming others have taken your statements "out of context." I can only respond to what you actually say.

meh

I bet you had to dig super hard to find the quote I just reposted on this same exact page. Excellent detective work sir.

The statement you have such a problem with starts with "I don't see how Joey is a competitor"

No. The statement I have a problem with is "CGC expected Joey to turn away comics that were going to another grader." If that was a question, it wasn't posted that way, and we now have a mountain out of a molehill, when a simple "I meant to ask that as a question, rather than make a statement as it appears. My apologies for the confusion" would have cleared it up immediately.

No one can read minds. They can only go by what is actually posted.

See how snipping fractions of a sentence and then using them out of context changes everything?

Yes, it's extremely obstructive to dialogue, which is why I never do it, and didn't do it here, either.

Now if you'll take time out of your incredibly busy day of trolling the internet, click the link I quoted, and you'll get the full context of my statement, reposted here in it's entirety for you.

Why are you allowing your emotions to rule your reason, and being rude? No one is "trolling" you. I don't need to click what someone else said to "get the context" of what you said. If someone can't understand the context of your statement by its own merits, you aren't communicating well...and for that, you get angry and abrasive?

:shrug:

Why do you make statements like "CGC is mad because Joey presses comics that go to that other company"?

Is Coke mad when they don't run ads for Pepsi? Is Microsoft mad when they don't run ads for Apple?

Why must everything be determined by emotion, rather than reasonable business practice?

meh

I bet you had to dig super hard to find the quote I just reposted on this same exact page. Excellent detective work sir.

Again...why are you letting your emotions rule your reason?

The thing I was first impressed about with CGC was their transparency. You knew who was doing the work. Actual representatives of the company were active on the forum in a capacity beyond "CGCMOD"

Also, there were explanations for newbies about the competition. Who they were, what their pros and cons were, and why CGC was better.

Transparency and interaction with customers, puts people at ease. Without those two things, how does anyone really know which of several options is better? But the lack of those things may not be industry wide soon, just site wide.

Now imagine the problems with the census if competitors are not mentioned in any way?

You are leaping to assumptions that cannot be made.

Person A says "This person is a competitor of CGC"

Person B says "How is this person a competitor of CGC?"

Percon C says to person B "Please provide proof CGC ever said this person is a competitor"

Thread goes on, person D, E, and F explain how this person is a competitor of CGC.

CGC doesn't comment, thread eventually gets deleted.