• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #27 CGC 9.2
4 4

525 posts in this topic

a little too coincidental that this shows up post the 3.2M sale. I think it's been decided it's going to auction and that's why it was cgc graded. my question is where will it be auctioned

You know what I think is coincidental to the point of ridiculous ?

If this is yet another instance where CGC delayed reporting a book in their census as part of a request from the submitter I will be more than simply disappointed concerning the ethics of a third party grader that then pretends to offer an impartial grading service.

If the high rollers get special favors from CGC, no matter what those favors are, that we 'common folk' receive then CGC is not impartial. Where do the favors end?

Where did it come out that this book was held back. It easily could have been graded in Chicago.

Possible, only I don't CGC has updated the census since onsite grading in Chicago.

correct

if dave anderson was offered $5 million for his AC1 it was stephen fishler who offered him that amount. nobody else in comic land has that kind of cash (much less interest) on hand.

How do you know so much about people's personal finances?

I can think of a dozen people (most who are on this chat forum) who could lay out the cash if they wanted to.

I'll post a big old scan of the Mastro book tomorrow.

And I'm not saying this is the 9.2 we're discussing. The Mastro book has always looked undergraded to me. It was an early book and there's a perception that the early grades were too harsh. To me this book looks like a prime example of that.

The old books went in grade swings just like they do today. You had over graded books and under graded books (and well graded books).

Again, I don't want to start a rumor but this is a really, really sharp looking 8.0

Did you post those large pics yet?

if dave anderson was offered $5 million for his AC1 it was stephen fishler who offered him that amount. nobody else in comic land has that kind of cash (much less interest) on hand.

They teach stuff like that at Harvard Business.

They teach stuff like that at Harvard Business.

I didn't realize until later in the thread that he was being argumentative. I'll just ignore replying from here on out.

(thumbs u

Is it color breaking? I can't quite tell. If it isn't, then that's a pressing 101 defect.

It's color breaking.

Yup, spotted that after the big scan was posted. Barely there but it's there.

That's probably the main reason for the 8.0 grade but you'd need the back cover scan to be sure (not that grading from a scan is accurate but it's more than 1/2 the battle).

Having said that, I could see that 8.0 grading being higher.

I can think of a dozen people (most who are on this chat forum) who could lay out the cash if they wanted to.

I know a lot of people who could bid $20 million dollars on the Buffalo Bills sale, but you know what, it takes over a billion dollars to own them.