• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

It might have been smart for them to put in Joker for only about 3-4 minutes of memorable images and sound bytes that stayed with people -- show us enough to make us excited about his next appearance, but not too much.

Sounds like he's in the movie for about 15 minutes, which is 15 minutes they could have focused on the central story and SS characterizations even more. Biggest complaint from critics seems to be that the film is horribly edited and disjointed, trying to cram too much stuff in.

Dan

Took Greggy to see it last night at a sneak preview.

The criticism about the main mission being kind of slow / not interesting are fairly valid.

I didn't care if they accomplished the mission or not, it was more fun seeing the characters screw around together. Which isn't to say the main mission was terrible, it just wasn't the part of the film that was most interesting.

Saying the Joker is in it for 20 minutes is generous.

Diablo was the biggest surprise of the film. I didn't think I was going to care about him, but he ended up being one of the best parts.

Deadshot and Harley were probably the best parts, they were both fantastic. Amanda Waller was excellent, but she isn't as Likable as DS and Harley...which I probably the point. But Viola Davis is perfect as Waller, and I'll be very happy if she continues to antagonize the DC universe.

Killer Croc was Awesome. He doesn't have a whole lot to say, but he has some good one liners, and the make-up looked cool.

Katana is OK. She speaks in Japanese the whole time, with sub titles. She has some cool action moments, but other than that not much to work with.

Flagg was good.

Enchantress' first transformation scene was really cool, where she does the hand holding thing.

2 Members of the Justice League make appearances. Everyone knows Bats is one of them, the other one is hopefully a surprise for people, because the little cameo is great.

Overall, I really liked it. It isn't nearly as bad as some of the harsh reviews say.

I will concede that the main mission isn't very inspired, and the enemies are not terribly interesting, but there is enough going on within the Suicide Squad to keep it fun and engaging.

ALSO, at the beginning when they are introducing each character, they flash their name and Dossier on the screen.

Pay careful attention to Harley Quinn's. It's only on screen for a second, but it reveals something VERY VERY Interesting that doesn't get mentioned through the rest of the movie at all, but is a very big deal in terms of the Batman Universe overall.

Thanks for the first early review. Good to know!

The criticism about the main mission being kind of slow / not interesting are fairly valid.

I didn't care if they accomplished the mission or not, it was more fun seeing the characters screw around together. Which isn't to say the main mission was terrible, it just wasn't the part of the film that was most interesting.

Diablo was the biggest surprise of the film. I didn't think I was going to care about him, but he ended up being one of the best parts.

Deadshot and Harley were probably the best parts, they were both fantastic. Amanda Waller was excellent, but she isn't as Likable as DS and Harley...which I probably the point. But Viola Davis is perfect as Waller, and I'll be very happy if she continues to antagonize the DC universe.

Killer Croc was Awesome. He doesn't have a whole lot to say, but he has some good one liners, and the make-up looked cool.

Katana is OK. She speaks in Japanese the whole time, with sub titles. She has some cool action moments, but other than that not much to work with.

Flagg was good.

Enchantress' first transformation scene was really cool, where she does the hand holding thing.

2 Members of the Justice League make appearances. Everyone knows Bats is one of them, the other one is hopefully a surprise for people, because the little cameo is great.

Overall, I really liked it. It isn't nearly as bad as some of the harsh reviews say.

I will concede that the main mission isn't very inspired, and the enemies are not terribly interesting, but there is enough going on within the Suicide Squad to keep it fun and engaging.

this sounds more realistic than any other review. The big question I have is did Greggy take one nap or two during the film?

Flagg was good.

this sounds more realistic than any other review. The big question I have is did Greggy take one nap or two during the film?

He was awake the whole time, which may be a very positive review in itself.

Flagg was good.

I was awake. I was getting ready to smack the dumbazz in the row in front of me who was texting during the movie. Thankfully for him, he stopped just when I was on my last nerve.

I called my local theatre today and told them I had tickets for the 8:00 showing and two of my daughters would be cosplaying and that I had a local shop in the area. I asked if it would be okay if I brought fifty Suicide Squad comic books to give away to people in line. He said he would love that but unfortunately I would have to contact Warner Brothers first and get their permission. :sorry:

Oh well it was a half cocked idea that I came up with in the shower this morning.

Jim

I called my local theatre today and told them I had tickets for the 8:00 showing and two of my daughters would be cosplaying and that I had a local shop in the area. I asked if it would be okay if I brought fifty Suicide Squad comic books to give away to people in line. He said he would love that but unfortunately I would have to contact Warner Brothers first and get their permission. :sorry:

Oh well it was a half cocked idea that I came up with in the shower this morning.

Jim

What a COOL and generous thing to do! (thumbs u

But how in the world would WB have any say in what you choose to give to people for free????

???

Does WB own the property where you'll be handing out free stuff? Then they aren't even in the discussion.

Jim

But how in the world would WB have any say in what you choose to give to people for free????

???

Does WB own the property where you'll be handing out free stuff? Then they aren't even in the discussion.

Are you an attorney?

I'm not, but I can see SOME potential issues. I'm pretty sure WB would want some approval over related promotional material given out at their events (movies). What if you drew inappropriate pictures in each comic, or laced them with anthrax, or put some weird advertisement in each one (essentially giving yourself free publicity)? I'm sure they'd want it made very clear that YOU were giving these things away and NOT WB, and the distinction could be VERY important from a legal perspective. And allowing this type of thing without consent of WB is the kind of thing that gets movie theatres in trouble. There's almost literally no benefit to the theatre or WB, but a lot of potential risk.

Are you an attorney?

I'm not, but I can see SOME potential issues. I'm pretty sure WB would want some approval over related promotional material given out at their events (movies). What if you drew inappropriate pictures in each comic, or laced them with anthrax, or put some weird advertisement in each one (essentially giving yourself free publicity)? I'm sure they'd want it made very clear that YOU were giving these things away and NOT WB, and the distinction could be VERY important from a legal perspective. And allowing this type of thing without consent of WB is the kind of thing that gets movie theatres in trouble. There's almost literally no benefit to the theatre or WB, but a lot of potential risk.

Bingo!

I made the mistake of handing out comic books one Halloween I didn't go through completely. So that is my mistake for not checking all the content. Old comics from Epic, First and Pacific. Fairly tame books, other than some of the ads that were hinting at racy releases coming up.

A mom showed up at my door and told me to take my smut back. End of comics for Halloween.

:ohnoez:

Jim

???

Are you an attorney?

Never even thought of that...might do my due diligence and contact Marvel to see if I can do something for Dr. Strange :wishluck:

Either way I'm pretty excited for the movie tonight, as are my daughters. I have definitely listened to my fair share of the soundtrack, that's all that has been playing for weeks in CasaJim as well as endless loops of all three trailers. They have the entire trailers memorized and continue to recite them over and over.

Jim

Justice League Cast Crashes Suicide Squad London Premiere

The cast of Justice League made a surprise appearance at the London premiere of Suicide Squad. As Zack Snyder is currently filming Justice League in London, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller showed up at the premiere.

kAiBb8o.jpg

That's pretty cool.

Justice League Cast Crashes Suicide Squad London Premiere

The cast of Justice League made a surprise appearance at the London premiere of Suicide Squad. As Zack Snyder is currently filming Justice League in London, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller showed up at the premiere.

Jared Leto looks like the Pied Piper.

Jim

???

Are you an attorney?

22436.jpg