• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Just for and giggles.....do a quick search for the movie: Misconduct...starring Al Pacino and Anthony Hopkins.

Apparently it was so bad, it only managed to make $141 on it's opening weekend.

At the very least, Suicide Squad cannot be as bad as that movie was.

This weekend is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

BOX OFFICE: Regardless Of The Reviews, SUICIDE SQUAD Opens Big Overseas With $8.1 Million

Suicide Squad was released in seven markets yesterday, and the movie has already made an impressive $8.1 million. Would it have been significantly higher had the reviews been better? We'll probably never know, but its opening weekend in North America now promises to be very interesting indeed.

Regardless, Suicide Squad's debut in both Korea and France topped Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, and even Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, so there's clearly still a lot of interest there. The big screen debut of Task Force X had the biggest August opening of all-time in Korea where it easily topped some popular new local movies. France also delivered some good results as it had an opening day 80% ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy. By the end of the weekend, it will have opened in 57 countries.

According to Deadline, "these are very strong openings for the film which is facing some pretty tough reviews but so far appears to be critic-proof. BVS fought off something of a similar situation in March and went on to a $254M debut in 66 markets. Ahead of the rollout, industry sources placed the Squad‘s offshore opening between GOTG, which bowed to $67.4M in 42 international markets on essentially the same weekend in 2014, and Deadpool, which bowed to $132.1M in 61 this past February."

Just got back from seeing this. Overall, this was pretty decent. I thought it was much better than BvS.

Pros/Cons in spoiler tags:

Pros:

Loved every actor and character (except Flagg...his character was kinda weak since they made him the love interest of Enchantress). Deadshot, Harley, Diablo, Waller were all fantastic! Jared Leto did a pretty good Joker, not quite as legendary as Nicholson or Ledger but still pretty good.

Easter eggs were fantastic! The shot of Joker and Harley dancing like the cover of her One-Shot...the John Ostrander building...Flash's cameo...and probably more that I missed.

The mid-credits scene...loved the exchange between Bruce and Waller.

Bring on more Harley and Joker!!!

Cons:

Story was weak. They were assembled to save Waller, and then since "we are now a family" let's go fight the Enchantress...? And it was kinda hard to determine why some people were doing certain things until it was explained later.

CGI was terrible...very cartoony.

The pacing was bad. First it was fast getting into the beginning recapping BvS, then slow when introducing the Squad members, then fast again as they officially head out on the mission...then slow for the final act.

Croc's makeup looked fake in certain scenes...especially when shirtless...his head was laughably too huge.

Was Flagg carrying those letters the whole time???

So Incubus (Enchantress's brother who was never named) comes to life in the subway tunnel...and then Task Force X are brought together which we later learn was a time span of three days? You let three days go by before anyone did anything?

I'd give it a 7/10

On the comment that Croc's Make-up looked weird with his shirt off, and his head was too big.

I thought it looked jarring as well, until I thought about it.

A Croc's head is quite large, relative to it's body.

And their skin is kind of saggy in the chest/arm area.

Keeping that in mind, it actually looked pretty realistic, in my opinion.

I'm glad to hear that some boardies are loving it.

Meanwhile, the RT score has dropped to 27%, matching BvS.

By any measure, it's another critical disaster (at least) for DC and Warner, and I would have to imagine that even the die-hards' patience would have to be tested by these kinds of offerings at some point.

-J.

I'm thinking of taking my daughter to see this but I'm worried that HQ might be too over sexualized to sell tickets. For those folks who have seen the movie, is this the case?

Not really...there was that part in the trailer where she was in a bra putting on her shirt...other than that, it is just shots of her in those skimpy shorts, and even then I don't think the camera purposely lingered on her butt at all.

In fact...it probably could have lingered some! :luhv:

Enchantress does have some cleavage shots and she is also seen in a bra...but not really sexualized.

I'm thinking of taking my daughter to see this but I'm worried that HQ might be too over sexualized to sell tickets. For those folks who have seen the movie, is this the case?

Not really...there was that part in the trailer where she was in a bra putting on her shirt...other than that, it is just shots of her in those skimpy shorts, and even then I don't think the camera purposely lingered on her butt at all.

In fact...it probably could have lingered some! :luhv:

Enchantress does have some cleavage shots and she is also seen in a bra...but not really sexualized.

(thumbs u

I'm glad to hear that some boardies are loving it.

Meanwhile, the RT score has dropped to 27%, matching BvS.

By any measure, it's another critical disaster (at least) for DC and Warner, and I would have to imagine that even the die-hards' patience would have to be tested by these kinds of offerings at some point.

-J.

but the Metacritic score is 41 vs BvS's 44. so by a nose, this dog is critically more reviled. blockbuster box office here we come.

Edited by paperheart

Saw it tonight. By far the worst movie I've seen in a long while. I can't pick out any particular bad stuff because it was from start to finish. As for the good stuff?

It was kinda cool to see Batman in it.

Seriously, I can't believe a movie that bad can be made in this day and age. Not a single redeeming quality. Sooo boring, couldn't wait for it to be over. Couple easy laughs here and there, but I cringed at the silence that followed so many scenes that were meant to get a laugh.

Don't see it. Even if it's free. Unless you're a trainwreck, fatal accident gawker. You'll enjoy it.

WOW, STILL CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BAD IT SUCKED.