• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

Okay, lay it on me. What happened? hm

Dr. Arnim Zola (Toby Jones) ends up in the same prison cell with Dr. Faustus.

Hi9of3N.jpg

Captain America writers on surprise Agent Carter cameo

-----------------

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How did the idea to have Toby Jones appear in the finale first come together?

STEPHEN MCFEELY: We’ve wanted Toby Jones to appear since we pitched this show. We did not know exactly where it would happen or where he was on his timeline, but we always wanted to show you how Hydra started it’s [reach within S.H.I.E.L.D.]

CHRISTOPHER MARKUS: People having seen [Captain America:] Winter Soldier know what happens to S.H.I.E.L.D., so we didn’t want to deal with that as a plot point because it’s a given, but just to give them a delicious little taste of the story that they know happen. Also, it has become clear weirdly that there are four characters who span the entire marvel Cinematic Universe: Steve, Bucky (Sebastian Stan), Peggy and Zola. We wanted to see Toby’s body again.

MCFEELY: We just saw his head last time.

-----------------

I enjoyed the finale. Great fight between Carter and Dottie. I am not surprised by what she did with the blood of Steve Rogers, she is a smart cookie and knows if it ever fell into anyone's hands it would be corrupted. Nice surprise Zola appearance this series gets a (thumbs u

I enjoyed agent carter (much more than AoS), and appreciated Hayley Atwell's performance, but

why would you put two highly intelligent and dangerous criminals, Armin Zola and Dr Faustus, in the same cell? The SSR/SHIELD deserves to be infiltrated by HYDRA for not thinking prisoner placement through. They couldn't allocate separate cells for each one?

I enjoyed agent carter (much more than AoS), and appreciated Hayley Atwell's performance, but

why would you put two highly intelligent and dangerous criminals, Armin Zola and Dr Faustus, in the same cell? The SSR/SHIELD deserves to be infiltrated by HYDRA for not thinking prisoner placement through. They couldn't allocate separate cells for each one?

The answer is: the cell is monitored and you are hoping the two communicate so you can learn secrets.

Good point.

The answer is: the cell is monitored and you are hoping the two communicate so you can learn secrets.

Good point.

Won't Zola take that thing off Fausus' mouth? hm

Agent Carter Season 2 Talk and Possible Winter Soldier Cameo

---------------------

The details on brainwashing shows Bucky's transformation from Captain America's partner to his greatest enemy. This could lead to a possible cameo from Winter Soldier with them setting up his procedure so much. Nonetheless, Peggy's story can continue with great plot points and story lines.

The producers of the show had this to say, "When we were figuring out the show and the backstory of the show, we had a really nice story about who Peggy is and where she came from. We just didn’t have any time. I would love to tell that story...That’s one of our strongest ideas for the second season: What makes Peggy, Peggy? We like what Peggy is, but if you ask some hard questions, you might wonder: but why is she that way? We have some thoughts on that."

---------------------

I am not surprised by what she did with the blood of Steve Rogers, she is a smart cookie and knows if it ever fell into anyone's hands it would be corrupted.

+1

That was a great ending. I really like how they continue to respect the whole Peggy Carter/Steve Rogers backstory. They always seem to play it just right.

I am not surprised by what she did with the blood of Steve Rogers, she is a smart cookie and knows if it ever fell into anyone's hands it would be corrupted.

+1

That was a great ending. I really like how they continue to respect the whole Peggy Carter/Steve Rogers backstory. They always seem to play it just right.

The ending hit a nice poetic note. For me that trumps whether Peggy's actions made sense or not.

You know, a thought just occurred to me about Steve's blood...

Stark actually used Peggy to get the blood without telling her that was what she was actually trying to "steal" back.

She sort of does an audible and discovers what it is. At the end she gets the blood from Jarvis. Which presumably means after Stark.

If he didn't trust Peggy enough to tell her in the first place, it makes you wonder. hm

I suppose you could argue his relationship/trust/opinion of her changed, but it seemed to be pretty high before that anyway...

You know, a thought just occurred to me about Steve's blood...

Stark actually used Peggy to get the blood without telling her that was what she was actually trying to "steal" back.

She sort of does an audible and discovers what it is. At the end she gets the blood from Jarvis. Which presumably means after Stark.

If he didn't trust Peggy enough to tell her in the first place, it makes you wonder. hm

I suppose you could argue his relationship/trust/opinion of her changed, but it seemed to be pretty high before that anyway...

Did Stark grab the 'ball' before Peggy?

+1

Agreed, awesome ending. The ratings were generally respectable, so I think AC will return.