• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

Marvel allowed the TV show creative team to develop its own character and origin material associated with the Black Widow's backstory? It kind of demonstrates the flexibility that can occur on a show like this since they took a minor character and developed her into so much more.

:applause:

Good News For AGENT CARTER Fans

-------------------

While AGENT CARTER isn't renewed yet, her showrunners, Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, have signed a pod deal* with ABC Studios. Fazekas and Butters currently have two shows at ABC. This could be a good sign for CARTER, since a studio wouldn't sign a development deal with showrunners and then kill all their projects.

Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, better known to CBM readers as the showrunners behind AGENT CARTER, have signed a pod deal with ABC Studios. Variety reports that under the two-year deal, they will bring in a development executive and look to create 30-minute and hour-long shows for the studio. Fazekas is enthusiastic about broadening into comedies as well as hour-long action-dramas like AGENT CARTER. Fazekas also praised the duo's constructive relationship with ABC Studios and ABC network.

-------------------

* "pod deal", a complete development deal that includes ownership of all projects making it impossible to shop a rejected project around

-------------------

While AGENT CARTER isn't renewed yet, her showrunners, Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, have signed a pod deal* with ABC Studios. Fazekas and Butters currently have two shows at ABC. This could be a good sign for CARTER, since a studio wouldn't sign a development deal with showrunners and then kill all their projects.

Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, better known to CBM readers as the showrunners behind AGENT CARTER, have signed a pod deal with ABC Studios. Variety reports that under the two-year deal, they will bring in a development executive and look to create 30-minute and hour-long shows for the studio. Fazekas is enthusiastic about broadening into comedies as well as hour-long action-dramas like AGENT CARTER. Fazekas also praised the duo's constructive relationship with ABC Studios and ABC network.

-------------------

* "pod deal", a complete development deal that includes ownership of all projects making it impossible to shop a rejected project around

I've been watching AGENT CARTER religiously and feel it it exceptional in the "comic book genre" tv show division. I honestly cannot imagine AC not getting picked up for another season. Then again I felt the same way about ALMOST HUMAN (which I loved) and it got dumped. Could be the Curse of Pov.

-------------------

-------------------

I've been watching AGENT CARTER religiously and feel it it exceptional in the "comic book genre" tv show division. I honestly cannot imagine AC not getting picked up for another season. Then again I felt the same way about ALMOST HUMAN (which I loved) and it got dumped. Could be the Curse of Pov.

I liked that show, too! I don't watch much tv besides the superhero stuff and elementary, but I did enjoy that one.

-------------------

-------------------

lol.gif' alt='27_laughing.gif.62deb96933a6d30aaf250d01cf4616c7.gif' alt='lol'>.gif'>

Pretty much my reaction when I found out the news. That show had SO MUCH potential, but FOX ruined it by airing the episodes out of order... Firefly all over again...

-------------------

-------------------

lol.gif' alt='27_laughing.gif.62deb96933a6d30aaf250d01cf4616c7.gif' alt='lol'>.gif'>

Pretty much my reaction when I found out the news. That show had SO MUCH potential, but FOX ruined it by airing the episodes out of order... Firefly all over again...

I think you would enjoy watching the show Episodes.

Just a few thoughts.

Seeing Dottie going all Black Widowish was pretty cool, and gives me further hope for a continuation of the series.

Thanks to those who expressed appreciation for ALMOST HUMAN. I was totally stunned when it was cancelled.

And a special thanks to 01TheDude for recommending EPISODES in light of the comments about bad cancellations of other shows. Just finished the first season and it is shockingly refreshing and funny, articulate and intelligent. Everything, apparently, PUCKS is not. So thanks Dude!

-------------------

-------------------

I think you would enjoy watching the show Episodes.

Just a few thoughts.

Seeing Dottie going all Black Widowish was pretty cool, and gives me further hope for a continuation of the series.

Thanks to those who expressed appreciation for ALMOST HUMAN. I was totally stunned when it was cancelled.

And a special thanks to 01TheDude for recommending EPISODES in light of the comments about bad cancellations of other shows. Just finished the first season and it is shockingly refreshing and funny, articulate and intelligent. Everything, apparently, PUCKS is not. So thanks Dude!

I've checked out "Episodes" in the past, I like it. Poverty Row, if you want some more hilarity, I HIGHLY recommend "Parks and Recreation", "Veep", "The Goldbergs", "Workaholics", "The League", "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia", "Louie" and "House of Lies".

Dottie's Deception Continues

--------------------

Peggy's neighbor Dorothy "Dottie" Underwood (Bridget Regan) continues to portray herself as just a small-town girl from Iowa that moved to New York to pursue a life as a ballerina, but the way she made mince meat of Mr. Mink at the end of the last episode indicates there is something more to Dottie.

Marvel Entertainment has released a new sneak peek from Tuesday's "The Iron Ceiling" episode of their television mini-series, Agent Carter.

--------------------

:ohnoez:

very confused by this trailer-- if Thompson knows who AC is and what she is capable of, why does he treat her like any old skirt this entire season?

get me some coffee madge

Dont think they know what she is capable of, just that she served during the war and happen to serve with Captain America. I have a feeling they will find out what she is capable of this week.

or was he just treating her like dogfeces because she's a broad and that's what you do in the late 1940s?

Seems to be the way it was in the 40's. War's over. Go back to being home makers.

That is how many women felt from that period after doing their part to defeat the Axis.

'Run along now and have babies while cooking the husband's favorite meal.'

That had to be a very tough transition.

or was he just treating her like dogfeces because she's a broad and that's what you do in the late 1940s?

Seems to be the way it was in the 40's. War's over. Go back to being home makers.

That is how many women felt from that period after doing their part to defeat the Axis.

'Run along now and have babies while cooking the husband's favorite meal.'

That had to be a very tough transition.

Maybe someone could embed "Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream" from youtube for a little history with a comic character from that time period?

Maybe someone could embed "Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream" from youtube for a little history with a comic character from that time period?

Jerel, I can't even find that video. But I'll post it for you if I do.

:foryou: