• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

I'm enjoying it. The only complaint I had about last night's episode is that I really wish they would put Jarvis's wife on screen, it would lend more weight to his storyline to see the woman he loves so much. Other than that, Agent Carter continues to kick all kinds of .

Mrs. Donut and I are convinced that there is no existing Mrs. Jarvis and that will become a major storyline as the show progresses.

I'm enjoying it. The only complaint I had about last night's episode is that I really wish they would put Jarvis's wife on screen, it would lend more weight to his storyline to see the woman he loves so much. Other than that, Agent Carter continues to kick all kinds of .

Mrs. Donut and I are convinced that there is no existing Mrs. Jarvis and that will become a major storyline as the show progresses.

This

not sure why but I am getting kind of tired of people krapping all over MAOS in whichever (insert comic related TV show) thread they can. We get it-- you don't like MAOS. So what? I can't understand why something so many people seem to think "sucks" is what everything else is being compared to. Perhaps it is more about being disappointed in MAOS in general (characters, actors, writing etc).

anyway

latest show was interesting. The girls dorm part is still silly and while some claim that it is historically accurate, which perhaps it was for some women, you would think someone like Agent Carter would not stand for the mothering aspect of a place like this. She is far too independent to put up with that kind of compostable_fertilizer and attitudes that seem more in line with victorian England than the US right after the war (and the emergence of Rosie the Riveter types). Yeah I know-- women's rights were practically non-existent then. I just think they may be over emphasizing the stigmas attached to being a loose woman. Think back to her cover at the big party as a blond bombshell-- she can step into this character and not worry what people think about her? Why does she have stricter rules for being a secret government agent? And she clearly is a secret agent-- with a cover job and a fake entrance into her real work office. Maybe the character has to play the innocent harmless female role as part of her cover-- it just seems confusing as the she swaps back and forth so often. I understand it but I hate having to constantly deal with it. It is far more deep cover than say Clark Kent throwing on a suit and some glasses.

I guess I was expecting her movements to be highly restricted by the house mother's careful snooping eye. But she seems to come and go as she pleases so far-- so it is working out as a perfect cover. If they showed how she thwarts the curfew and other stuff mentioned-- I must have missed it. She just seems to show up wherever. When I first mentioned this (after pilot episode), it seemed foolish.

I'm starting to wonder about this myself, especially as Jarvis and Carter get closer.

AGENT CARTER Episode 5 Description; "The Iron Ceiling" - The Howling Commandos Return

YSoFLpC.png

---------------------

"The Iron Ceiling" - Peggy is finally trusted with a mission and calls upon her trusted Howling Commandos squad for backup. But her cover could be at risk when SSR Chief Dooley also sends Agent Thompson with her, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," Tuesday, February 3 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

---------------------

:whee:

Enjoying the show and so is the wife.

I think Jarvis's wife won't appear onscreen, kinda like Maris in Frasier or Howard's mom.

I also think the ridiculous place she lives is going to form part of a future storyline.

Glad to see the Commandos coming into it.

It fills the gap nicely till we see what Skye became and DD starting.

Enjoying the show and so is the wife.

I think Jarvis's wife won't appear onscreen, kinda like Maris in Frasier or Howard's mom.

I also think the ridiculous place she lives is going to form part of a future storyline.

Glad to see the Commandos coming into it.

It fills the gap nicely till we see what Skye became and DD starting.

Or Mrs. Columbo on the original series. I hope we never meet her.

The women's boarding house is just the way it was then. They still had them in the 80's at least according to Bosom Buddies with Hanks and Scolari. It's more ridiculous how men treated women then but, again, that's just the way it was then.

As an aside, how old is Tony Stark in the movies, 35-40? Howard Stark would have been much older when he had him.

We saw in Cap 2 that he was killed in a car accident in, my vague recollection, the 40's or 50's

so still making Tony too old in the movies. Maybe Howard did some time travelling?

Does anyone else think that Sousa's leg injury is fake?

I half think that Carter's waitress friend (the daughter in How I Met Your Mother, also in Kick ssA and Nikita) is a spy assigned to watch Carter and may be the killer of the SSR and tugboat guy in ep. 3. They didn't show who that person was (why not?) and "he" looked smaller of frame. 2c

who is the girl in apartment 3F?

Dottie. Actress is Bridget Regan, aka my future ex-wife and mother of my 7 children. She was also in White Collar last season, and was in Legend of the Seeker. Though i will say, blonde hair doesn't suit her well... =/