• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

I found this interesting - an Iron Man 2 easter egg...

When Agent Carter (Hayley Atwell) and Jarvis (James D’Arcy) seek to locate where a nitromene bomb has come from, they find help from Stark Industries’ Dr. Anton Vanko (Costa Ronin), who made a brief appearance in the Iron Man sequel (then played by Eugene Lazarev) as the father of Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke), otherwise known as the villain Whiplash.

I loved it! Much better production values than Agents of SHIELD.

Also, it was nice to see Eli Thompson has cleaned up his act since we last saw him in Atlantic City :grin:

The only places they worked were pretty much stores, the TELEPHONE COMPANY, secretaries, and waitresses.

My mom started at Mountain Bell in 1962 as a switchboard operator and never left (she moved up within the company, I think she stopped working with switchboards in the late 60s). I think there's a whole lot of people that didn't know that if you called someone, that there was an actual person who took your call and manually connected it with the person you wanted to speak with. It blew my stepkids away when I told them that's how it used to work "in the olden days". (My mom even brought home a switchboard section when they dismantled everything and it was one of the things I played around with in the basement as a kid)

I watched it again last night and saw that ABC Studios produced Agent Carter -- which also produces MAOS.

Despite sharing the same production company, the quality of writing, direction, and actors in Agent Carter is head and shoulders above MAOS in those three areas. Hayley Atwell is a very good actress and commands screen presence (good supporting actors too), the fighting sequences are really well done, and the two episodes had my attention throughout.

Too bad it's a limited series!

BTW, Roxxon Energy -- first appearance in Capt America 180 (Steve Englehart).

So with Ant-Man (Hank Pym) apparently being around back then do you suppose we will see him (or any other older heroes?)

EDIT: I guess he would have been 60's/70's not 40's.

It's a limited series, so the possibilites are ... limited. But the period is late 40s so you would think they can be pulling stuff from the Timely library. Maybe Dr. Phineas Horton (creator of the original Torch) or Tom Halloway (Angel) or Madeline Joyce Fank (Miss America) or Louise Grant Mason (Blonde Phantom) makes an appearance? Or references to the Invaders or the All-Winners Squad? :cloud9:

its interesting when people try to compare it to Shield as they are so completely different as story telling vehicles. Shield necessarily introduces a whole new area of the MCU and brand new characters that people havent seen. Carter is continuing directly from a movie, using existing characters, and therefore can hit the ground running, and immediately be used to tie different plot lines and events together. It's an Apples and Oranges comparison.

Edited by CBT

its interesting when people try to compare it to Shield as they are so completely different as story telling vehicles. Shield necessarily introduces a whole new area of the MCU and brand new characters that people havent seen. Carter is continuing directly from a movie, using existing characters, and therefore can hit the ground running, and immediately be used to tie different plot lines and events together. It's an Apples and Oranges comparison.

Actually I'm quite fond of both Apples and Oranges.

You're right - two very different shows with different starting points. But, regardless of how and what the story has to be about - Agent Carter has infinitely better casting choices. AOS had absolutely (and to a degree still does) horrible casting choices of really not-good actors. Combined with atrocious dialogue - it made the first half of AOS really hard to watch. And I was a fan.