• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Today's Thoughts

I think someone hates me or is trying to hack my account it's the 3rd time in two months I've been blocked.

Facebook Update

Someone thinks it's funny to try and hack me or whatever has happened

Moving update 2

Because of lawyers messing up we are staying a bit longer at the current address.

Lawyers? (shrug)

Yes to get the right closing dates for the place that we'll move into

Is that a Canadian thing? I've never needed a lawyer to move,not ever.

It appears he lives with his parents. They are purchasing a house. The buyer and seller both have lawyers. It's common to have delays for the closing date.

Yes I still live my parents and they are buying a home/business.

Can you work for them?

I can ask about that but I don't think they want me to work for them.

Why not?

I know this is a personal thread, but we might crossing over here....although its obviously up to the OP how much he wants to share. Remember that EVERYTHING you post is available to people who might one day HOPEFULLY be your customers, vendors, bosses, clients, associates.

Is that b/c you told your mom to shut up in one of your You Tube vids?

:baiting:

In all seriousness, is there NO local resource that can help you land a job? I believe they are supposed to help with resume writing and such too...Just seems weird there is not a non-profit or other organization that can help you out with resume writing, presentation and other work and job hunting skills...

The lack of any work experience (relevant or not) is going to be a big negative for you going forward. Employers do not want to see gaps in employment history, so you really should consider any job whether you're overqualified or not. At least for the time being.

There's also the service, although you are getting on in years and I don't know what the age cutoff is for the Canadian military.

*Note: I am not a trained or qualified guidance counselor.

Today's Thoughts

I think someone hates me or is trying to hack my account it's the 3rd time in two months I've been blocked.

Facebook Update

Moving update 2

Because of lawyers messing up we are staying a bit longer at the current address.

Lawyers? (shrug)

It appears he lives with his parents. They are purchasing a house. The buyer and seller both have lawyers. It's common to have delays for the closing date.

If you really want a job try applying at gas stations nearby. They always seem to be hiring. I know it isn't the most exciting job but it's a start.

Also when you apply for a job try dressing up like you're going on a date with your mother. Dress pants, polished shoes, collared shirt, nice jacket. And no hat.

Thanks I'm applying for any job I can get that is entry level.

Today's Thoughts

Facebook Update

Moving update 2

Lawyers? (shrug)

Can you work for them?

Why not?

They said that they want me to become independent instead of relying on them.

Today's Thoughts

Facebook Update

Moving update 2

Lawyers? (shrug)

Can you work for them?

Why not?

I know this is a personal thread, but we might crossing over here....although its obviously up to the OP how much he wants to share. Remember that EVERYTHING you post is available to people who might one day HOPEFULLY be your customers, vendors, bosses, clients, associates.

Thanks for the but the reason is because they say they want me to be independent.

Is that b/c you told your mom to shut up in one of your You Tube vids?

:baiting:

In all seriousness, is there NO local resource that can help you land a job? I believe they are supposed to help with resume writing and such too...Just seems weird there is not a non-profit or other organization that can help you out with resume writing, presentation and other work and job hunting skills...

I've been there and I got help with my resume.

The lack of any work experience (relevant or not) is going to be a big negative for you going forward. Employers do not want to see gaps in employment history, so you really should consider any job whether you're overqualified or not. At least for the time being.

There's also the service, although you are getting on in years and I don't know what the age cutoff is for the Canadian military.

*Note: I am not a trained or qualified guidance counselor.

I know am I considering any job as I need the money.

interesting...I would LOVE for one of (or all) my kids to want to work for/with me...if you are "working" for them, you are earning money they would otherwise pay someone else...doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know...every family is different (shrug)

interesting...I would LOVE for one of (or all) my kids to want to work for/with me...if you are "working" for them, you are earning money they would otherwise pay someone else...doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know...every family is different (shrug)

those were my thoughts too since they wouldn't be able to say I have no money so I'm going to ask them again see if they change their minds.

Honestly, I think it is usually healthier for the kids to strike out on their own. How can a child ever really consider themselves an independent adult if their employment still depends on their parents? How can they have any confidence that they are actually good enough to get a job on their own?

Nepotism leads to a lot of ugly situations.

Honestly, I think it is usually healthier for the kids to strike out on their own. How can a child ever really consider themselves an independent adult if their employment still depends on their parents? How can they have any confidence that they are actually good enough to get a job on their own?

100% agree. Almost all of the examples I have seen where children work for their parents have ended poorly. My brother in law worked for my in-laws for a bit and they had to fire him - that is awkward to say the least.

Gabe is clearly an entry level type employee by his own admission. If his parents have that type business , then it would seem to make sense in this case. Obviously I concur that nepotism that results in a position unwarranted is likely not wise, but I doubt that applies here.

And in my case I have 3 oldest that are headed to being a vet, nurse and surgeon, so clearly they don't want to sell comics and that makes me sad. Maybe my son will :wishluck:

My employment doesn't depend on them that's up to me and I've had some jobs before but my lack of stability is what really hurts me more than anything else.

8 8