• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Trade update

I'm trading my x-men 266 cgc 9.6 and flash 139 3.0/3.5 for his asm 40 8.0/8.5 and ba12 9.0 raw and also he's throwing a messi card and two silver age spideys.

Assuming everything is on the up and up it's a solid trade for you.

Xmen266 = $190

Flash = $235 (avg of 280 and 190)

Total = $425

ASM40 = $350 (avg of 450 and 250)

BA12 = $510

Total = $860

No idea why someone would trade you more than twice the value of your books. Hopefully he's not doing anything shady.

THIS.

However, I have had people trade for more b/c they either had doubles, etc. and didn't want to bother/hassle to sell themselves, but "giving up" double value (or more) seems excessive, especially when the books being traded for are readily available online.

...If it is on the up and up and it works out congrats in advance.

Trade update

I'm trading my x-men 266 cgc 9.6 and flash 139 3.0/3.5 for his asm 40 8.0/8.5 and ba12 9.0 raw and also he's throwing a messi card and two silver age spideys.

Xmen266 = $190

Total = $425

BA12 = $510

Total = $860

No idea why someone would trade you more than twice the value of your books. Hopefully he's not doing anything shady.

From my standpoint he agreed to the trade but I was also valuing my comics differently

x-men 266 cgc 9.6 $140-160

Flash 139 3.0/3.5 $200-250

Total =$340-410

ASM40 $200-250

BA12 $500-550

Total = $700-800

Which I know I got a good deal but for now I'm waiting for my comics so that I can send it to him.

Trade update

Xmen266 = $190

Total = $425

BA12 = $510

Total = $860

THIS.

However, I have had people trade for more b/c they either had doubles, etc. and didn't want to bother/hassle to sell themselves, but "giving up" double value (or more) seems excessive, especially when the books being traded for are readily available online.

...If it is on the up and up and it works out congrats in advance.

Thanks he said he liked x-men and we kinda hit it off talking about girls and he said he liked my honesty. So it sounds great if you put it in numbers like that and I have yet to see if he goes by his word like he says he does though I did a check on him and nothing seemed suspicious.

ASM 40 and BA 12 in those conditions are both solid pick ups IMO...

Thanks after the last deal went sour I'm happy to have this one go how I wanted it too.

If you don't have the books in hand yet, don't count your chickens before their hatched!!! ;)

True but I have to admit I'm excited about this trade.

Thanks after the last deal went sour I'm happy to have this one go how I wanted it too.

Sometimes you'll hit a single, once in a while you'll hit a double and every blue moon you hit a home run. You'll also strikeout and hit into a double play here and there along the way. In the end, it's not the strikeouts or the home runs that will define you. It's all about whether or not you have the courage to swing the bat.

Keep doing what you're doing, Gabe! You are headed in the right direction. Have faith that if you work hard and set your mind to it things will continue to improve and get better.

Sometimes you'll hit a single, once in a while you'll hit a double and every blue moon you hit a home run. You'll also strikeout and hit into a double play here and there along the way. In the end, it's not the strikeouts or the home runs that will define you. It's all about whether or not you have the courage to swing the bat.

Keep doing what you're doing, Gabe! You are headed in the right direction. Have faith that if you work hard and set your mind to it things will continue to improve and get better.

Thanks I'm doing my best to correct all my mistakes in terms of overpaying for comics and selling them to get cashflow again.

8 8