• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,156 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2022 at 1:42 PM, joeypost said:

I can see doing nothing if you take paper off a book via a tape pull, but leaving extra paper on is laughable, especially since they did it. Appears there was no attempt to bring this to QC and say “what do we do now”. 

Is that the remains of the paper that's used to seperate the book from the press itself?  what would cause it to stick?  Too much moisture?  Too much heat?  A combination of both?

On 11/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The area below the issue number looks like tape pull(s).

The damage caused by a tape pull and the damage caused by a moist cover sticking to whatever it's resting on (or whatever is resting on it) can appear quite similar.  The extent of the ink/paper lift (the pattern of the damage) is what will generally reveal the root cause.  (thumbsu

ss3.thumb.jpg.836fb4d3ec496bc934f1c1f5c31b4339.jpg

Not a tape pull.  (tsk)  :sumo:

On 11/11/2022 at 4:26 PM, The Lions Den said:

In the new CGC grading guide, this looks like what's described as "paper lift", which appears similar to a tape pull but is usually caused by moisture, the removal of a substance, a sticker, or glue residue...   hm

I'm wondering is this is paper lifted off the cover of the book, or something else was layed on top of it. and its something else that transferred onto the book in question? We need some answers here.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:09 AM, MetalPSI said:

Probably time to start a list of people, even if just on this forum, who will not submit again, at least till something is done. Hell, 10 names is a start. I subbed 75 books last year. Thats 75 less in the future 

1. MetalPSI 

Not that anyone cares, but you can add my name to that list.  :(

I watch those videos and hear stories of people having books damaged, labels mixed up, et cetera and keep thinking to myself, why are people still submitting books?? 

On 11/11/2022 at 12:04 PM, MetalPSI said:

I'm suggesting a list be made up and submitted to @CGC Mike so he can forward it to whomever and they can decide how many customers they feel they can do without

1. MetalPSI 

2. Gaard

Neither Mike, nor anyone at CGC, is going to care who stops using their services, or why.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:42 PM, joeypost said:

I can see doing nothing if you take paper off a book via a tape pull, but leaving extra paper on is laughable, especially since they did it. Appears there was no attempt to bring this to QC and say “what do we do now”. 

And there's the obvious problem.   CGC employees are making mistakes and damaging customers books and passing them down the line rather than bringing the problem to management.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:30 AM, DR.X said:

So some ding bat damages this man's book ( looks like tape pulls ), knows WTF they did, and encapulates it anyway, and out the door. Maybe the owner won't notice?

This goes beyond negligence and incompetence - this is utter disregard for the property of others and a complete lack of integrity on the part of CGC, from top to bottom the whole damn process! 

Flock-up someone's high-dollar book and then just throw it out the door and don't say a word. 

CGC - they really, really just don't care. 

391081790_Idontcare.gif.33089920d3e5a1d54b64d4df3449013e.gif

Edited by jcjames

On 10/25/2022 at 8:42 AM, F For Fake said:

Actually, i think they SHOULD install cameras, and the live feed should come right to the boards. Boardies should have access to a control panel that allows us to speak over a loud speaker when we see shenanigans. Or maybe even a light electric jolt? "Hey! We saw you! You didn't even look at the label when you encapsulated that book! Zap!" 

I'm kidding, of course. Kind of.

image.gif.e7ed5971c14c7045153be58f49b79b2d.gif

On 11/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, DWL said:

Not that anyone cares, but you can add my name to that list.  :(

I watch those videos and hear stories of people having books damaged, labels mixed up, et cetera and keep thinking to myself, why are people still submitting books?? 

1. MetalPSI 

2. Gaard

3. DWL

On 11/11/2022 at 8:11 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Neither Mike, nor anyone at CGC, is going to care who stops using their services, or why.

Better than doing nothing and complaining. Have you subbed books at any point?