• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, jcjames said:

Isn't it something like 20,000-30,000 comics per week pass through grading? With maybe 12-15 total graders? Not even counting the inventoring, CCS, slabbing & ZERO QC crew #s. Are there at least a dozen employees for each of those departments too? 

That's maybe 50 books per grader, per hour, every hour, all day long. 

Clearly that's too much demand to keep standards high. 

So jack up the price which will cut the demand way down and allow them to get control of the process. 

Can't see any other way to turn the ship around. 

Corrected 

This is a company that hasn't even figured out a way to open packages in a reasonable amount of time. I'm guessing no more than 1-2% of all slabs get a QC check before going out the door. 

It's all about the almighty buck. As long as the bottom line keeps growing, they have no reason to change a thing.

"Who gives a snot about them peasants submitters and their packages? As long as they keep lining our pockets, we'll take our sweetasss time opening them. Hire/train more people? PPFFFT, yeah right."

On 11/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, Ryan. said:

This is a company that hasn't even figured out a way to open packages in a reasonable amount of time. I'm guessing no more than 1-2% of all slabs get a QC check before going out the door. 

I remember a time when every book was checked by a QC person before going out the door...  :gossip:

On 11/13/2022 at 1:08 PM, Pangolin said:

I cannot tell, but this is possible.

I returned this comic as the same time that I submitted another one with a cracked case.

I thought of writing in permanent marker on the back and putting in caps "THIS CASE BETTER BE CHANGED AS THIS SHARPY TEXT IS PUT HERE TO BE SURE IT DOES" lol

On 11/13/2022 at 6:20 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Sometimes I think when you return for ME, all they do is check for a cracked case, and throw it back in the mail and return it. Can you tell if it was the same case on the original return?

I take a sharpie to the case and circle the scratch, debris and/or damage so that there is a better chance to get it fixed.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:05 AM, Ryan. said:

Oh they can open them in a reasonable amount of time. But if they never mark them as received, then the turnaround time clock hasn't started. And this way they can claim short turnaround times. Notice they removed the "Now opening packages received XXX..."

On 11/13/2022 at 4:13 PM, Tnexus said:

Oh they can open them in a reasonable amount of time. But if they never mark them as received, then the turnaround time clock hasn't started. And this way they can claim short turnaround times. Notice they removed the "Now opening packages received XXX..."

Technically tat starts when delivered, but to your point, try telling a customer service rep that, show them the last known made announcement where they confirmed that? They shrug their shoulders, I get it cause they have no power, except to start a "ticket" to see about it. Recently they've still told me it isn't time enough.

On 11/13/2022 at 2:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Technically tat starts when delivered, but to your point, try telling a customer service rep that, show them the last known made announcement where they confirmed that? They shrug their shoulders, I get it cause they have no power, except to start a "ticket" to see about it. Recently they've still told me it isn't time enough.

They don't like anything in email either. Everything has to be a voice exchange by you calling in.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:10 PM, Tnexus said:

My guess was as the book was being pulled from the bag, the rear tape stuck to it and removed that part.

I recently sent in a batch with a prescreen of 9.6.  The few that didn't make the cut were returned raw in the bags I sent them in.  The flap of each bag was still taped down; the bag was cut open through the flap.  I would guess by one of those envelope slicers with the little blade tucked inside, like so:

Office Depot

Assuming this is the normal process, a tape pull at CGC should be virtually impossible.