• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
42 42

6,217 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 6/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, manetteska said:

I forget how the whole newsstand thing works now, but is that also supposed to be noted?

CGC will recognize newsstands and multipacks beginning September 26, 2022.

image.png

• Administrator
On 6/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, manetteska said:

Thanks, Mike.
So an old label swap situation, but a swap nonetheless.

The labels were swapped.  The newsstand book missed the label notation by 4 days.  

On 6/25/2023 at 9:53 AM, Gaard said:

I think it's safe to say that if you use CGC's services, you are a gambling man. Whenever you send them your comics, you're basically rolling the dice.

I don't remember if I've asked you this but have you ever submitted to CGC?  Or do you own/buy graded books? 

On 6/25/2023 at 3:44 PM, Beastfeast said:

I don't remember if I've asked you this but have you ever submitted to CGC?  Or do you own/buy graded books? 

I've sent dozens of submissions to CGC over the last decade. I stopped a while back due to all their shenanigans. I still buy graded books.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:57 PM, Gaard said:

I've sent dozens of submissions to CGC over the last decade. I stopped a while back due to all their shenanigans. I still buy graded books.

The only reason I ask is because it's not at all like gambling and MOST of the time, you know exactly what you're going to get.  I feel like a broken record by saying that this thread is NOT the reality for most submitters.  It serves two purposes.  1) To highlight the actual terrible QC issues when they come up, and 2) A gathering for confirming bias.  

Did you stop submitting because you personally were having too many QC issues or did you stop because you started reading about more QC issues?  

On 6/25/2023 at 4:09 PM, Beastfeast said:

The only reason I ask is because it's not at all like gambling and MOST of the time, you know exactly what you're going to get.  I feel like a broken record by saying that this thread is NOT the reality for most submitters.  It serves two purposes.  1) To highlight the actual terrible QC issues when they come up, and 2) A gathering for confirming bias.  

Did you stop submitting because you personally were having too many QC issues or did you stop because you started reading about more QC issues?  

One of the reasons for making the decision to stop, was not so much because of the errors being made, but more so because of the obvious (to me) "we don't care" attitude exhibited by CGC. 

On 6/25/2023 at 3:09 PM, Beastfeast said:

I feel like a broken record by saying that this thread is NOT the reality for most submitters.

Absolutely disagree. The majority of CGCs revenue comes from flippers, online stores and brick & mortar. 

Most of them don't check for all the these QC issues, falsely assuming CGC is doing their job.

By the time the books get into the hands of the end buyer, it's too late to do anything about it.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:33 PM, I like pie said:

Absolutely disagree. The majority of CGCs revenue comes from flippers, online stores and brick & mortar. 

Most of them don't check for all the these QC issues, falsely assuming CGC is doing their job.

By the time the books get into the hands of the end buyer, it's too late to do anything about it.

You're making an unquantifiable claim.  I guess so was I.   

Any of you prolific submitters want to weigh in?  @greggy? @NewWorldOrder? @mycomicshop

I can speak from my narrow point of view that I've only had to send 1 book back for being mislabeled and had maybe 3 books with puddling?  Out of maybe 200 books.  

On 6/25/2023 at 10:57 PM, Beastfeast said:

You're making an unquantifiable claim.  I guess so was I.   

Any of you prolific submitters want to weigh in?  @greggy? @NewWorldOrder? @mycomicshop

Correct. It's only unquantifiable because it won't be admitted to.