• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2023 at 9:23 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The fact you stated you've "been using the ME option consistently for the last 2 years" is a sad commentary on the state of affairs at CGC.

And let me see if I can follow the trail on what all this book has been though.  Please correct me if I have any of this wrong.

1. CGC originally gave the book a 9.8 with the correct X-Men custom label, but the incorrect book information.
  2. You submitted the book as an ME.....it came back with a lower 9.6 grade and without the X-Men custom label, but with the correct book information.
  3. The book was then resubmitted a second time as an ME......and came back with the X-Men custom label, but still had the lower 9.6 grade
  4. It was then resubmitted a third time as an ME......and finally has the correct 9.8 grade on it, but now the X-Men custom label is missing again.
  5. You've decided to just live with their mistake, since they can't seem to get it right and you don't want to submit it for it's fourth ME.

WTF? 

I mean, seriously.....what the actual f***? :facepalm:

And he considers this a happy ending. 

On 6/20/2023 at 6:23 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The fact you stated you've "been using the ME option consistently for the last 2 years" is a sad commentary on the state of affairs at CGC.

And let me see if I can follow the trail on what all this book has been though.  Please correct me if I have any of this wrong.

1. CGC originally gave the book a 9.8 with the correct X-Men custom label, but the incorrect book information.
  2. You submitted the book as an ME.....it came back with a lower 9.6 grade and without the X-Men custom label, but with the correct book information.
  3. The book was then resubmitted a second time as an ME......and came back with the X-Men custom label, but still had the lower 9.6 grade
  4. It was then resubmitted a third time as an ME......and finally has the correct 9.8 grade on it, but now the X-Men custom label is missing again.
  5. You've decided to just live with their mistake, since they can't seem to get it right and you don't want to submit it for it's fourth ME.

WTF? 

I've learned to just write in Sharpie directly on the returned ME slab what the problem is so it's very obvious.

On 6/20/2023 at 8:21 PM, Robert_L said:

Follow up:

First, Thank you @CGC Mike for your help. The book returned with a 9.8 grade. It doesn't have the fancy X-Men label that I originally requested, but I am going to leave it as it lays. No explanations as to what, when, or why it happened. It's like a little gremlin came long and kicked it out the door with a 9.8 label. A happy ending

thumb_down_emoji_classic_round_sticker-r84a94653402043adb79177ea5131e820_0ugmp_8byvr_307.jpg

On 6/20/2023 at 9:52 PM, Tnexus said:

I've learned to just write in Sharpie directly on the returned ME slab what the problem is so it's very obvious.

This is what I do also.

This was my most recent, with the inner-well crud.

20230109_173154.thumb.jpg.6bbf2b602f3ad34b2e526b80df878616.jpg20230109_173200.thumb.jpg.21a3b616442170c9fe1c4af37f7c2256.jpg20230109_173139.thumb.jpg.e9d80f3697891c3fef04c14a0f9d271a.jpg20230109_173145.thumb.jpg.b7df82bebbdc345bd05fdce4ea55a482.jpg

On 6/20/2023 at 9:23 PM, Domo Arigato said:

WTF? 

You mostly have it correct. It originally had the incorrect listing, but a 9.8. So then I sent it back to get the proper listing and upgraded label. That's when it went to spoon, and Mike offered to help as the Customer Service team couldn't seem to help.

And yes I am happy about the final turnout, as I now have the 9.8 it was originally, just not the correct label.

I have had too many 9.8 books get ruined by a simple 'reholder'. It's like to get a book reslabbed, is a 50/50 chance of major damage. And this book came back 9.8.

• Administrator
On 6/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, manetteska said:

I forget how the whole newsstand thing works now, but is that also supposed to be noted?

CGC will recognize newsstands and multipacks beginning September 26, 2022.

image.png

• Administrator
On 6/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, manetteska said:

Thanks, Mike.
So an old label swap situation, but a swap nonetheless.

The labels were swapped.  The newsstand book missed the label notation by 4 days.