• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2023 at 2:06 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

They passed the recruitment process. 

acbe2205f28b90b506d9ee412a879518.jpg.a428b722dea5b4a212ceebecbd7c964f.jpg

Yes, so many must fail.

"What are you called?" "Red, err, red, ohhh my, ohh my, yellow, yes, yes, yellow jacket." "FAIL! Next."

On 7/27/2023 at 12:11 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Yes, so many must fail.

"What are you called?" "Red, err, red, ohhh my, ohh my, yellow, yes, yes, yellow jacket." "FAIL! Next."  "That's close enough. Report to the QC department"

:D

On 7/26/2023 at 7:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it alarming to say they're going through QC managers so quickly? 

Are they though?

Wasn't Mike announcing some upcoming "big announcement" for months just to find out it was that they finally hired a QC manager....who has since left and no announcement of a new one? 

On 7/27/2023 at 12:09 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Based on my observations, seems he really puts the Sauce in Saucerman.

Apparently, it got so bad in one meeting that they threw him out of a twenty story window.

"Flying Saucerman" was the subsequent news headline. 

policesquad.gif.81034bf14a71325dce71cbd4dc255e8a.gif

On 7/27/2023 at 7:18 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Are they though?

Wasn't Mike announcing some upcoming "big announcement" for months just to find out it was that they finally hired a QC manager....who has since left and no announcement of a new one? 

He said there was some kind of Director of Excellence or something like that.

On 7/27/2023 at 5:57 PM, Gaard said:
On 7/27/2023 at 6:18 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Are they though?

That's kind of what I took from your op, thought maybe those were all lists of replacements just with a new title. I just didn't want to be tangential, but to the point, hope it works out! Something, anything. Idk what their rate of error was before, but now EVERYTHING IS POSTED with the same surrounding "issues". No pun intended, and yet, it'll take many days without an issue to turn the tide it seems.

Pressure is real, and so is sending to cgc sometimes. I've been used to most of the anxiety, having hesitated back from 2014 submitting to LCS's until back in 2016 when i got an account, and yet, it was worked out mostly.

I'd assume this will to, question is when. :wishluck:

On 7/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, Gaard said:

The way I read that was as if that position already existed.

"The QC guy left, but we have this excellence guy"

And if it already existed, but they still needed a QC guy....then this "excellence" guy isn't the right person.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:23 AM, Sigur Ros said:

The way I read that was as if that position already existed.

"The QC guy left, but we have this excellence guy"

And if it already existed, but they still needed a QC guy....then this "excellence" guy isn't the right person.

Maybe all the websites are incorrect, but they all point to this Saucerman guy still being there. And if he is, either Mike was given incorrect information ... or we were.

On 7/28/2023 at 6:58 PM, Gaard said:

Maybe all the websites are incorrect, but they all point to this Saucerman guy still being there. And if he is, either Mike was given incorrect information ... or we were.

Maybe he left but is still collecting the pay cheque?

On 7/26/2023 at 2:55 AM, ExNihilo said:

LOL!  What a f'in joke.  @CGC Mike, just admit it, CGC's QC department is non-existent.  Books go from grader to encapsulation and directly to shipping.  Pretending QC exists is just embarrassing.

CDN media

It's the new "virgin" label 

Lucky duck, normally that's $10 extra! 

On 7/31/2023 at 9:28 PM, DougC said:

I love that when you look up the certification number that they actually scanned the book too and there are seven of them in the registry!

New Book #NN

Weird that there's no entries for this book in the census.

1.jpg.7954908b9ddeee189d03426b89e04d38.jpg