• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

Has this been mentioned? I have a case that simply separated, top from bottom. I know CGC will screw me over this mistake of theirs and say I have to pay for a recase, but come on!! This isn’t something you should look for when you receive your books. 

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

On 8/4/2023 at 11:34 AM, Gaard said:

It's pretty sad that it's come to this. Living with subpar service (which you paid for) out of a very justified fear of CGC damaging your books.

You'd think that instead of spending manhours scanning all the books, they'd fix their dang QC problem. It's been an ongoing problem for years, afterall. All these issues have been going on for far too long. Far too long.

Why don't you apply for one of CGC's job opportunities?  From how you carry yourself here on the boards I assume you really could help CGC out in the QC department.  I mean if they put you in QC then I assume CGC's error rate would go down dramatically.

Not joking btw, I really think you should apply, and the CGC comic community would benefit.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 8/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

From how you carry yourself here on the boards I assume you really could help CGC out in the QC department.  I mean if they put you in QC then I assume CGC's error rate would go down dramatically.

When a book goes out that is slabbed backwards, upside down, with a huge chunk of debris or a blank label...would he be able to put his foot up somebody's a** for it?

On 8/6/2023 at 7:41 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

Why don't you apply for one of CGC's job opportunities?  From how you carry yourself here on the boards I assume you really could help CGC out in the QC department.  I mean if they put you in QC then I assume CGC's error rate would go down dramatically.

Not joking btw, I really think you should apply, and the CGC comic community would benefit.

That's not a helpful response. 

On 8/5/2023 at 2:42 PM, Robert_L said:

Has this been mentioned? I have a case that simply separated, top from bottom. I know CGC will screw me over this mistake of theirs and say I have to pay for a recase, but come on!! This isn’t something you should look for when you receive your books. 

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

It’s like a locket now. lol

"*** Quality Control. Give us time, perhaps more time, but, in the end, the bitter end, we'll get it right. Maybe. Perhaps not. But, hey, we tried. We sure did. Well, a little bit anyway. Yes, only once a month but, come on, we have better things to do. Yes, we do. *** Quality Control, a State of Mind. If you believe the case looks great, in spite of anything, than it does. Trust us, we do."

:flipbait:

On 8/5/2023 at 3:42 PM, Robert_L said:

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

Yep. It’s a recent problem from what I’ve seen. If you just received this back from CGC fill out an ME order and get them to fix it. 

On 8/6/2023 at 10:31 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Yep. It’s a recent problem from what I’ve seen. If you just received this back from CGC fill out an ME order and get them to fix it. 

Couple years ago a guy posted on YouTube an entire submission arrive with all the slabs in 2 pieces.  Almost like they forgot the glue.   So the problem has been around.

Tried to find the video, but couldn't.

On 8/5/2023 at 7:57 PM, Cat said:

That's not a helpful response. 

Telling someone they might be a good at a job isnt helpful?  I am confused.

On 8/5/2023 at 5:23 PM, Domo Arigato said:

When a book goes out that is slabbed backwards, upside down, with a huge chunk of debris or a blank label...would he be able to put his foot up somebody's a** for it?

That depends on his shoe size.  :shy:

Very disheartening to read this thread. I'm on the poster side of collecting and my last two shipments had to be sent back for ME's. Scratched sleeves, others sealed improperly causing the poster to buckle. I also ask how do these leaved the facility? Also, they stopped double boxing to save on on shipping and handling but the packing materials are now weaker and subject to damage. Also, please EXPEDITE ME's...shouldn't have to wait if the problem was caused at your end. It's just wrong.

On 8/3/2023 at 12:10 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Comics too.   

I sent a couple in with that, and they came back with less of that.

Had to weigh resending a 2nd time vs the probability of them damaging the books.   Decided to live with it.

Customer service gave me a $25 credit and told me to send it back for a second ME "fix". I think they may have done some minor damage during the first ME re-encapsulation so I'm in the same boat as you were. Trying to decide whether it's worth trying a second time...

On 8/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, CGC Mike said:

You can send this back to us as a mechanical error, as long as you do so within 14 days of receiving it.  After you complete a submission form, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you through our website.  (not by e-mail)  If you live outside the US, one would have to be sent to you manually.   When you ship it, send me a PM with the tracking number and the packing slip number.  Be sure to put exactly what the problem is on the packing slip.  

Well, I received this more than 2 weeks ago, looked at the grades, decided everything was ok, and did not notice the error.  Is there any recourse, I received these the end of May/first of June?

On 8/10/2023 at 9:57 AM, Robert_L said:
On 8/8/2023 at 11:05 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Does this look normal?

19.jpg

Expand  

Isn’t that the older discontinued case? Discontinued because of that exact possibility.

I have one like that, that was graded recently. TMNT 4 2nd print, mine though has a "tab", so I'm not sure if that is different or not from anything "discontinued?"

I do no I was disappointed to receive it back from CGC this way, but it didn't appear to be a "ME" designation, which would be "done for free." ??? 

GetImage.aspx?c=4859794&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=OC8xMC8yMDIzIDExOjM5OjUwIEFNGetImage.aspx?c=4859794&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=OC8xMC8yMDIzIDExOjM5OjUwIEFN