• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,141 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2023 at 2:01 PM, Gonzimodo said:

"Is there a plastic slab?  Yes?  Cool, send it out."

Those stupid Bad Idea invisible comics probably gave them too much money for nothing but a grade number and slab. 

FTFY. 

This really grinds my gears. You wait years for a signature opportunity,  and then an error occurs that could've been avoided.

Did 2 different people grade the book? I ask because how does one book come back with the remark on the yellow label, and the other does not? Same book, same actor, same facilitator, same day. Now, they both have to go back to CGC for M.E. because the 9.8 is incorrectly labeled, and the 9.6, while correctly labeled, has a crack in the case. The waiting continues....

20230512_191741.jpg

20230512_191758.jpg

20230512_191812.jpg

On 5/12/2023 at 10:06 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

What with the black background on the top of the CGC label?  Has anyone seen this before?

May be an image of text

Is that black one a 9.9?  Maybe that's the difference?

Edited by ak47po

On 5/13/2023 at 5:52 AM, ak47po said:

It is one of the Carnage Limited labels, that's why. I'm not sure if all limited edition labels have it, but the carnage one its art flows into that area and that is why (thumbsu

I saw this post on Facebook, and like I said Carnage but if every limited edition label is like that, it is news to me :) 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:13 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 5/13/2023 at 5:52 AM, ak47po said:

It is one of the Carnage Limited labels, that's why. I'm not sure if all limited edition labels have it, but the carnage one its art flows into that area and that is why (thumbsu

I saw this post on Facebook, and like I said Carnage but if every limited edition label is like that, it is news to me :) 

This is a different book that the one above, but with the Carnage label, you can see the same thing... not sure why it is like that :) 

image.thumb.png.d6fe6138fc85c6fbde3a1e17a8ac4c1b.png.0347c982dc0b4acbfa106abff7d9c30e.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I just received a 25 book prescreen submission banc and all 22 books that were incased have this same issue, where it looks like a crack on the bottom left corner. Does this qualify for a free reholder? side notes, i have tried to submit for reholder and it will not let me submit because "there is an error with inbound shipping". I've tried changing every option on the shipping and the error persists. 

Question for @CGC Mike

For the my most recent submission, the corners of the cases of 2 books were smashed upon arrival. CS was notified and they provided a return shipping label being from Canada. Form completed and shipped the books back promptly.  Appeared in my submission tracker today and this evening my cc was charged $80 USD.

What gives? Is this an accounting error? I thought the ME should be all at CGC's expense?

Thanks!

• Administrator
On 5/15/2023 at 9:53 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Question for @CGC Mike

For the my most recent submission, the corners of the cases of 2 books were smashed upon arrival. CS was notified and they provided a return shipping label being from Canada. Form completed and shipped the books back promptly.  Appeared in my submission tracker today and this evening my cc was charged $80 USD.

What gives? Is this an accounting error? I thought the ME should be all at CGC's expense?

Thanks!

I think for this one, you are going to have to start a thread in the Ask CGC section, and a customer service rep can assist you with this.  They answer questions every morning.  It sounds like an error, but I think you should check with them.  

• Administrator
On 5/16/2023 at 8:13 PM, Iceman399 said:

Remember that time I posted this and Mike said they weren't going to make that change.

Actually, this is what I said.   

On 4/27/2023 at 9:31 AM, CGC Mike said:

Nobody at customer service said that all ME's will be charged.  There will be an article coming out that will explain exactly how we will be handling ME's.  I recommend waiting for that instead of accepting random posts on the internet to be the new CGC rule.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:49 PM, CGC Mike said:

Actually, this is what I said.   

Come on now.  CGC essentially said off to their customers if they don't like the case because of a defect in CGC's process and pay us for it:

- severe newton rings (without pointing fingers I don't think the other competitors have this issue).  Crystal clear case if you can look past the newton rings that cover the entire face of the book.

- cracks/shards in the case (there is clearly a new/change in the plastics) causing these.  I wouldn't be surprised if these happen during shipping.  So let's put a scenario together.  I consign a book to Clink, I ship to them, they ship to the buyer at which point shards are discovered inside the case.  They now have to return it to clink, and clink (cause I'm assuming they'll be exempt from these stupid rules) has to take care of it.  Resulting in Clink and/or myself as the consignor not getting paid as the buyer didn't want to deal with the CGC issue

- I buy a book in a collection the label reads "AMAZING SPIDEER MAN #129" it was graded 3 months ago (the original submitter didn't notice it, didn't care or passed away) CGC really wants that kind of :dung: out in the wild unless I'm willing to pay $50 + shipping to + shipping from just to fix their initial mistake

- I buy a book in a collection and the book was encapsulated upside down, he thought it was a cool talking piece.  I think it's a POS cause no one will want to spend $$$ on a book that is upsidedown.  Yet again it's up to me to pay CGC to fix their mistake?

I'll think up of more VERY real-life examples of how dumb this announcement has been.

I know you are just the messenger but feel free to pass these onto Matt/Harshen etc and tell them they are just off their customers.  I mean it's not like their FB post of 100+ comments haven't done the same but I doubt they are reading them ;)

I would 100% support CGC in a 14 day window for a cracked EXTERIOR case (as that should only be covered to the point it's received).  The rest of the issues are not something a small window should be covered in.