• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2023 at 11:17 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

You're acting as if everything CGC mails to the customer has a problem.

A lot of live-hoods do depend on CGC, where have you been?

signed, your faithful CGC cheer leader

I'm not acting like everything CGC mails to the customer has a problem.

I'm acting like too much of what CGC mails to their customers has a problem......because it does.  Where have you been?

And I know full well that some peoples livelihoods depend on submitting books to CGC......which is precisely why I said it floors me that people aware of this thread continue to submit if their livelihood doesn't depend on it.  

Signed, a former and perhaps future CGC cheerleader if and when their quality control department starts to control quality.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:20 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Or just maybe they are humans to and make mistakes.  CGC workers are not robots even though you want them to be.

The "mistake" was whatever the original error was. Incompetence is that error making it through QC. 

On 5/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm not acting like everything CGC mails to the customer has a problem.

I'm acting like too much of what CGC mails to their customers has a problem......because it does.  Where have you been?

And I know full well that some peoples livelihoods depend on submitting books to CGC......which is precisely why I said it floors me that people aware of this thread continue to submit if their livelihood doesn't depend on it.  

Signed, a former and perhaps future CGC cheerleader if and when their quality control department starts to control quality.

That is just simply not true.

By your logic then most of my books I receive back from CGC would have problems then correct?

I do keep track as a dealer, and inspect each book the best I can before re-sell or my personal collection.

2023 so far close to about 600 books received back from CGC:

8 cracked slabs (5 from one box that was dropped by FedEx, box was heavily torn)

1 Mislabel (QC error)

Handful or so with minor scratches which is no different than any other year since I have been submitting (cira 2003). Generally the small scratches dont take away from the book, nor would CGC probably re-slab it for free. 

I don't submit GA, so everything from SA-current I have not seen honestly a really bad example of Newton Rings.  However full disclosure, unless it is a really bad example of Newton Rings they don't bother me.  Though I do understand why it does others. 

IMO for that total number of submissions so far for me this year that is a perfectly acceptable rate of incurred damage/error variance from CGC, same with me cracking out slabs for resubmitting when I think CGC was a little too tight on the grading.

My livelihood does depend on them, and so far I have lived a pretty stress-free adult life.  I mean all I do is transfer a comic book from one person's box to another at premium. 

I am more worried about Disney, and their terrible management of Star Wars and the MCU bringing down the values of comics more than Newton Rings.  Everyone's problems here are generally valid, and CGC should take care of them.  However, to think that the QC problems of what people post here represent most of what CGC ships out to their customers is not a fair or accurate statement. 

On 5/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, Gaard said:

Ask yourselves this (yes, I'm looking at you NWO), if this new policy didn't benefit you in some way, would you still be for it?

Ace Ventura Looking GIF - Ace Ventura Looking Searching - Discover & Share  GIFs

Not sure how this policy benefits me, as it's just more of a deadline for me to now abide by.

Most of changes by CGC do not technically benefit me, especially since COVID.

Dealer Discount cut from 20% to 15% with a $199 annual fee now, and I think 2-3 prices increases since 2020.

However, until my business model yields a negative yearly income it is what it is.  Keep the gravy train rolling is all I can do right?

CGC has no true competitor so they can do whatever they want till then.  That's just the facts for right now.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, wombat said:

The "mistake" was whatever the original error was. Incompetence is that error making it through QC. 

I get it man.  The way you feel about this is how I feel about sports! lol

I have always believed 2nd place is the first loser.

When my Eagles lost the SB to the Chiefs.  I said Eagles failed and accomplished nothing.

0-16 is the same to me as losing the SB!

um...

"Personally I generally am in favor of these new rules on ME's.  It is a great deterrent to cut down on the bogus ME's subs. Just like everyone else I had to wait 2 months to get my ME's cracked slabs back.  I will continue to use CGC because my bank account goes up and not down. Plain and simple. "

On 5/25/2023 at 6:45 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Ace Ventura Looking GIF - Ace Ventura Looking Searching - Discover & Share  GIFs

Not sure how this policy benefits me, as it's just more of a deadline for me to now abide by.

Most of changes by CGC do not technically benefit me, especially since COVID.

Dealer Discount cut from 20% to 15% with a $199 annual fee now, and I think 2-3 prices increases since 2020.

However, until my business model yields a negative yearly income it is what it is.  Keep the gravy train rolling is all I can do right?

CGC has no true competitor so they can do whatever they want till then.  That's just the facts for right now.

I still can't figure out why you are subbing Ghost Rider 15s :baiting: 

first order back after the new return policy. looks like they aren't even going to pretend to care.

PXL_20230526_062823856.thumb.jpg.a8dfcf0a62400824f83b0d872bc74bc8.jpg

PXL_20230526_063322847.thumb.jpg.d67bb60bb618741a58490cd0b74da848.jpg

PXL_20230526_063830290.thumb.jpg.9b623cd77c5fda704d30aed21185c337.jpg

PXL_20230526_064058334.thumb.jpg.f48bad7d95e5315595ec5d2692e47246.jpg

camera has a hard time capturing the scuffing, it trys to auto focus on the comic or the lighting. but they generally look worse in person. the star wars book had a damaged comic, scuffing, and newton rings. i feel like i hit the trifecta.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:28 AM, Mrtombs said:

first order back after the new return policy. looks like they aren't even going to pretend to care.

camera has a hard time capturing the scuffing, it trys to auto focus on the comic or the lighting. but they generally look worse in person. the star wars book had a damaged comic, scuffing, and newton rings. i feel like i hit the trifecta.

giphy.gif

On 5/26/2023 at 2:28 AM, Mrtombs said:

CGC:

giphy-1326134334.gif.fb8014d5304f7acee478efaedc78c2d7.gif

Edited by ramrodcar