• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

I foresee the next CGC statement to be, "Scratches and scuffs are a naturally occurring phenomenon on all plastic products. This can also include mislabels, encased pubic hairs, upside down comics or anything else we may come up with, in the future, that our customer base may complain about. If we do approve a free reholder that WE consider unacceptable, it will probably come back a lower grade because FU."

On 5/11/2023 at 11:57 PM, DaveSFU said:

So I sent in an already graded / signed by Starlin 9.6 copy of Batman 423 for the Todd signing.   I got it back as an 8.5, with a color breaking dog ear crease pressed into it by CCS.  It's now an 8.5.    I contacted customer service 2 months ago,  got no reply, contacted again 6 weeks ago and got a reply and was told it was being sent to claims and someone would get back to me.   Nobody has.  Ive sent multiple follow up emails to customer service and every time get told theres "some movement" and someone will get ahold of me.  But still nothing.    This is driving me crazy.   Im not sending anything else in until this gets taken care of but it seems like nobody at CGC really cares.   Is this standard for them with claims?    Ive dealt with a few times in the past and it was always a day or two and it was resolved.  

IMG_1166.JPG

Update?

(can you talk about it?)

• Administrator
On 5/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, Gaard said:

Update?

(can you talk about it?)

I have been in contact with Dave SFU, got him a shipping label, and It's on it's way back to us for review.

On 5/29/2023 at 6:45 AM, kprime said:

It's a good thing turtles have hard shells. But, I think the Foot Clan has infiltrated CGC quality control.

May be an image of text

This was the only book I submitted, and it took a year to process.

Bogus. Not radical.

It got “Shredded.” :(

On 5/31/2023 at 1:01 PM, Iceman399 said:

I hope the buyer goes and gets a refund... 

Screenshot_20230531_140101_eBay.jpg

Wonder if the buyer will ever find out it's not a first print.

One can tell from the blood in the 2nd 'T' -- but if he/she didn't notice when bidding, who's to say it's noticed later.