• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

Guys, you are all going along with this like CGC actually graded that book 8.0 . The slab was obviously tampered with. You should be more shocked mycomcishop.com allowed this book into auction or that it actually sold ?!? The submitter(seller) should be charged with a crime, seriously.

How can you tell it's been tampered with?????

First off before you open the spoiler to reveal the grade look closely and think about the grade you would give it and post the grade you would give based off of the cover alone.

Not nice to bash CGC Forumite of the Year person. Did you call them?

This slab has clearly been tampered with.

Dan

I haven't read through this thread, but I agree. I took one look at the scans posted, and the distressed plastic near each post is a sign this has been opened.

Unfortunately, I have handled several outer cases where posts breached quite easily, and showed no sign of distressed plastic (looking like frosted white appearance on the edges, and near the posts).

Damage to the outer slab means nothing. Unless you can switch the label (seam runs across the label so extremely unlikely) or swap the book out of the inner reservoir (virtually impossible without blatant evidence) then this was just a screwed pooch by CGC.

Damage to the outer slab means nothing. Unless you can switch the label (seam runs across the label so extremely unlikely) or swap the book out of the inner reservoir (virtually impossible without blatant evidence) then this was just a screwed pooch by CGC.

If you know what you're doing, with early wells, you can swap the entire book, and the label could pop out with a sneeze.

Once that i can tell. It was listed in august on eBay for like 2k+ but since it's not listed as sold in GPA one can assume the eBay sale never went through. And then listed in the Mycomicshop auction that closed last night. Who knows how many times before that. Book was graded 07/18/2013 and sold in January. Never sold on HA. So it either sold on eBay or elsewhere.