• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Yup

They’ve got your books for 8 months, and they can’t find the extra 60 seconds it takes to confirm that the book matches the label. 

Or a dozen spine ticks knocks it out of the 9.8 category by a whisker.

" is that a spine tick or a mouth "?

giphy.gif

Edited by DR.X

On 1/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, letsgrumble said:

Now that we've had a taste of what no quality control is like, CGC is ready to introduce a new submission form that will have a $5 checkbox to include quality control with your submission.

And an extra $2 to run a spell check.

I mean if they are going to give my 9.0 a 9.8 I may not check that box...........

On 1/25/2022 at 10:55 PM, wombat said:

Got my books back today. I'm too scared to open it up. 

At least the cases appear to be undamaged. But getting back two sets of duplicates in similar grades means I will always wonder if the right label was put on the right book. 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:36 PM, wombat said:

At least the cases appear to be undamaged. But getting back two sets of duplicates in similar grades means I will always wonder if the right label was put on the right book. 

I hope that if you have children, or if you one day have children, that they come one at a time.  I don't think you'd be able to sleep at night if you ended up with identical twins.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:39 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I hope that if you have children, or if you one day have children, that they come one at a time.  I don't think you'd be able to sleep at night if you ended up with identical twins.

This is a little bit of a human thing to say, indeed, the troubles are relatable  :)

I cant get the double vision out of my head, on if cgc is still working overtime on the weekends. I just can only imagine the trustworthy effort being put in. Given we don't get much details, that might be telling, the surface looks calm and ready to drop bombs. Stir the pot, but it hasnt boiled over quite yet. EEK!

On 1/28/2022 at 7:39 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thankfully we had one at a time. But honestly, so what if you mix up your twins. It won't hurt their resale value. 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:49 PM, wombat said:

Thankfully we had one at a time. But honestly, so what if you mix up your twins. It won't hurt their resale value. 

My parents always called me my brothers name, even the cat, stray cats and litters from the alley lol

I knew who I was haha

On 1/28/2022 at 5:54 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 1/28/2022 at 5:44 PM, Iceman399 said:

@CGC Mike wanna try and save the company from further embarrassment? 

I have notified CGC

:roflmao:

Interesting, it looks like the back of Jumbo 12 and Jumbo 14 has a similar cover to the back of Detective 38, except it says "Jumbo" not "Detective".

I guess they got confused when they were piecing it back together.

Golden Age (1938-1955):Adventure, Jumbo Comics #12 Mile High Pedigree (Fiction House, 1940) CGC NM 9.4 Off-white to white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Adventure, Jumbo Comics #14 (Fiction House, 1940) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white pages. A new masked super-hero makes his debut with this issue ...