• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 10:55 PM, wombat said:

Got my books back today. I'm too scared to open it up. 

Funny you say that because I've never been surprised by an unboxing.  Once I get alerted that my books are on the way, I go to the submission status page and find out what grades I got.

But my wife and I waited until they were born to find out whether each kid was a boy or a girl, go figure.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:00 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Funny you say that because I've never been surprised by an unboxing.  Once I get alerted that my books are on the way, I go to the submission status page and find out what grades I got.

But my wife and I waited until they were born to find out whether each kid was a boy or a girl, go figure.

:roflmao:

I completely empathize. 

At the same time. Once they are grown we can't wait for the kids to move out, but the comics can stay for ever!

On 1/26/2022 at 8:00 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I've already been massively disappointed in the grades. The only thing left is for some QC issues to make my head explode. 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:00 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I believe his fear stems from the QC side of things....

On 1/27/2022 at 8:32 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Blue and red offset :wishluck:

Now where did I put those 3D glasses... 

I knew it was misrepresentation to drag CGCs good name through the dirt

Remember to do your own research people! Microchamber paper is a conspiracy to make you pay for more microchamber paper

On 1/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, The Meta said:

I knew it was misrepresentation to drag CGCs good name through the dirt

Remember to do your own research people! Microchamber paper is a conspiracy to make you pay for more microchamber paper

This talk now makes me want to comission a blue/red 3D sketch cover and have them double sign it as well so it all looks 3D with glasses on.. 

On 1/27/2022 at 8:44 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This talk now makes me want to comission a blue/red 3D sketch cover and have them double sign it as well so it all looks 3D with glasses on.. 

Honestly, if you could pull that off, I believe it would be a first. 

Just make it worth while and not something cheesy

On 1/27/2022 at 9:46 AM, The Meta said:

Honestly, if you could pull that off, I believe it would be a first. 

Just make it worth while and not something cheesy

I have had a few that I would love to make happen.

The idea last was to have a sketch or photo cover of celebrity animals and have a CGC facilitator witness when that animal put an inked mark/paw print and get it SS with a note of the mark/signature. 

Example: Walking Dead Comic with Daryl Dixon  / Dog , double signed Norman Reedus/ Dog Paw Print. 

Norman-Reedus-as-Daryl-Dixon-The-Walking-Dead-_-Season-10-Episode-18-Photo-Credit-Eli-AdeAMC.thumb.jpg.33361de031c0e986113d0db8ced9fa2e.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 1/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have had a few that I would love to make happen.

The idea last was to have a sketch or photo cover of celebrity animals and have a CGC facilitator witness when that animal put an inked mark/paw print and get it SS with a note of the mark/signature. 

Example: Walking Dead Comic with Daryl Dixon  / Dog , double signed Norman Reedus/ Dog Paw Print. 

Norman-Reedus-as-Daryl-Dixon-The-Walking-Dead-_-Season-10-Episode-18-Photo-Credit-Eli-AdeAMC.thumb.jpg.33361de031c0e986113d0db8ced9fa2e.jpg

I think a white blank sketch cover would work great for a 3D concept