• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

Total speculation but it may turn out to be a minor spoiler (or, if it's right, maybe it's already common knowledge)....

We know luke's lightsaber from ESB, the one he lost in bespin, is in this movie.

We know Rey is a scavenger who is rummaging through a crashed star destroyer in the latest trailer.

So, maybe Rey finds the saber in this star destroyer.

Luke lost the saber in Bespin, and Vader probably had bespin scoured until it was found. So, vader would have kept it with him, presumably. Vader's last star destroyer is the one we see him leaving on the shuttle at the start of ROTJ. Vader dies on the death star, but probably left the saber with his comics and action figures on the star destroyer.

So, maybe that crashed star destroyer we see in the latest trailer is the same one we see at the beginning of ROTJ?

Haven't clicked on the spoiler, but you guys know from the trailer that the Millennium Falcon

Gets destroyed in TFA, right? :devil:

Total speculation but it may turn out to be a minor spoiler (or, if it's right, maybe it's already common knowledge)....

We know luke's lightsaber from ESB, the one he lost in bespin, is in this movie.

We know Rey is a scavenger who is rummaging through a crashed star destroyer in the latest trailer.

Luke lost the saber in Bespin, and Vader probably had bespin scoured until it was found. So, vader would have kept it with him, presumably. Vader's last star destroyer is the one we see him leaving on the shuttle at the start of ROTJ. Vader dies on the death star, but probably left the saber with his comics and action figures on the star destroyer.

So, maybe that crashed star destroyer we see in the latest trailer is the same one we see at the beginning of ROTJ?

I like the bolded part! (thumbs u

If I remember correctly, Vader's ship was the Executioner (Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ and later added into ESB) which crashed into the 2nd Death Star. Then the Death Star was blown apart.

the super star destroyer in the movie is on the planet jaco and if you read the book "Lost Stars" it shows up in it.

Right, but that's not the star destroyer he is on at the start of ROTJ. The one he is on looks like a non-super-one.

This is the star destroyer vader is on at the start of rotj:

rotjSD_zpshtnphcet.png

And this is the one from the latest trailer; yes, they are both the common variety star destroyers, but still, it's possible.

TFASD_zpsthq78kav.png

Hadn't seen ROTJ in a long time. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: As Han and the rebels fly over the Executor on the way to Endor, Luke says that he shouldn't have come because Vader is on that ship. The Sith lord gets around :foryou:

If I remember correctly, Vader's ship was the Executioner (Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ and later added into ESB) which crashed into the 2nd Death Star. Then the Death Star was blown apart.

the super star destroyer in the movie is on the planet jaco and if you read the book "Lost Stars" it shows up in it.

I'm not into the expanded universe and have only read a few of the books. Wikipedia says that "Lost Stars" takes place between Ep 3 ROTS and Ep 4 ANH.

I'm not into the expanded universe and have only read a few of the books. Wikipedia says that "Lost Stars" takes place between Ep 3 ROTS and Ep 4 ANH.

it stars before EP 4 and it runs through all films past ROTJ. all the books and comics coming out are part of the main universe. all expanded universe books and comics that came before marvel took over comics and New Dawn Books became know as legends.

it stars before EP 4 and it runs through all films past ROTJ. all the books and comics coming out are part of the main universe. all expanded universe books and comics that came before marvel took over comics and New Dawn Books became know as legends.

With the exception of the last Darth Maul mini-series that Dark Horse published.

With the exception of the last Darth Maul mini-series that Dark Horse published.

that's true it's the only comic, which i want to read.

Another Classic Star Wars Character Rumored To Return In The Force Awakens

link in spoiler.

Not really surprising. I figured there was a greater than 90% chance of him making some apperance knowing how many action figures of him there are. Personally I wish they'd leave him alone as I see his story is done, but that's hoping for too much restraint on Disney's part I guess.

After reading the theory last week in the Huffington post article ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-conery/luke-skywalker-theory-destroys-everything-star-wars_b_8392698.html ) about Luke joined the dark side in Return of the Jedi, there's this theory about Jar Jar Binks from a Forbes article yesterday.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2015/10/31/fans-rocked-by-star-wars-character-theory-that-changes-everything-they-know/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix&ref=yfp

After reading the theory last week in the Huffington post article ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-conery/luke-skywalker-theory-destroys-everything-star-wars_b_8392698.html ) about Luke joined the dark side in Return of the Jedi, there's this theory about Jar Jar Binks from a Forbes article yesterday.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2015/10/31/fans-rocked-by-star-wars-character-theory-that-changes-everything-they-know/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix&ref=yfp

:eyeroll:

If it wasn't for Luke sporting an all white Jedi garb (in a film set pic that's now been scrubbed from the net) I might believe Luke had gone to the dark side, but I don't think that's the case. I think these theories are pretty far out there.