• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Marvel needs to die for that, always releasing their movies overseas making us wait weeks to see the goods. Don't they know we're the only ones that matter ?

btw buy your tickets now...

Yeah,why did the Brits get it first? :sumo:
Fly up to New England tonight and dump some cheap Avenger merchandise that you can buy in Walmart in Boston Harbor in protest. Some dudes in powdered wigs did that awhile back. hm

Oh wait, you don't like the Patriots, so you're probably still banned at Logan. :kidaround:

:roflmao:

Aww krap :P

(:

I just watched the Avengers movie tonight and it was GREAT. There was a lot of action and some scenes that were so funny that I laughed so hard tears came out, especially between Hulk and Thor. I hope that they keep making all of the movies like this. I was on the edge of my seat in the last 45 min of movie and rooting for the good guys.

My son wanted to take me to this on my birthday (cinco de mayo), but since I saw this I would like to go see Battleship.

Saw the movie yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. Very solid flick, and you can really tell the difference when a comic-based movie is handled by a fanboy who's well versed in the lore. I'm glad the studio indulged in a 2 hour 20 min running time to allow things to build up slowly, rather than rush everything into just one superficial, massive action sequence to fit into some pre-ordained 2 hour maximum.

Marvel needs to die for that, always releasing their movies overseas making us wait weeks to see the goods. Don't they know we're the only ones that matter ?

Because when they release major blockbusters overseas AFTER they release in the US, everyone in Asia ends up watching pirated copies of the movie because they don't want to wait.

If they release simultaneously or before, then a lot of people will actually be willing to pay up to get the theatre experience.

So basically, simultaneous or early release internationally means more $$$ in the studios' pockets.

Because when they release major blockbusters overseas AFTER they release in the US, everyone in Asia ends up watching pirated copies of the movie because they don't want to wait.

If they release simultaneously or before, then a lot of people will actually be willing to pay up to get the theatre experience.

So basically, simultaneous or early release internationally means more $$$ in the studios' pockets.

Yah I was kidding (which I'm sure you knew) but I think a big part of Disney/Marvel's strategies in addition to what you said is to try and build buzz on movies they know are going to do well to attempt to garner as big an opening weekend as possible here in the states. It's becoming clear for most movies you really need to make as much $ as possible right away and with these pre summer/summer release dates that they've chosen there is only a week to week gap before the next blockbuster hits.

Well, I saw it today in 2D after seeing it last Thursday in 3D and I can say I definitely perfer 2D.

There is so much visual detail I missed when it was in 3D.

Now I want Josh Whedon to get the respect he deserves and let him direct all the rest of the films :)

Saw it today and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not perfect and I actually think there is less action in it than I expected.

Much more laugh out loud humour in it that I thought there would be - stuff that the whole audience laughed at and not just the comic book aficionados.

The Hulk is great and should have featured more. Mark Ruffalo makes the Bruce Banner part his own and definitely deserves a solo outing.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much of the film the Black Widow gets and SJ really nailed it - her scenes with Hawkeye were great.

The main action scenes at the end of the film are suitably awesome, from the epic fight sequences in the sky to the more personal ones on the ground.

I'd advise everybody to stock-up on their Iron Man #55's before the sequel comes out.

Damn you Brits for getting the film before we do :frustrated:

They are testing it on us first - anything that might be deemed too complicated story wise they have to modify for the less sophisticated American audience.

Saw it today and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not perfect and I actually think there is less action in it than I expected.

Much more laugh out loud humour in it that I thought there would be - stuff that the whole audience laughed at and not just the comic book aficionados.

The Hulk is great and should have featured more. Mark Ruffalo makes the Bruce Banner part his own and definitely deserves a solo outing.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much of the film the Black Widow gets and SJ really nailed it - her scenes with Hawkeye were great.

The main action scenes at the end of the film are suitably awesome, from the epic fight sequences in the sky to the more personal ones on the ground.

I'd advise everybody to stock-up on their Iron Man #55's before the sequel comes out.

.....even if Thanos turns out to just be a giant gaseous cloud ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a dfiend of jesus) (thumbs u