• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Just saw Hunger Games with my wifey. Her brother also took a date to see it, a couple of days before we did.

All four of us were not impressed. My wife is sorry that we spent 15 bucks on it. I am betting that we four will be blown away by the Avengers movie. It won't even be a close call.

Why is it a competition? Is the size of the pie fixed, and each dollar that goes to Hunger Games is a dollar that won`t go to Avengers? Or is it just possible that people still have enough money to spend to see both Hunger Games AND Avengers (and maybe some other movies too)?

Exactly.

I liked the Hunger Games movie, but the book was orders of magnitude better.And the way the second and third books expand that universe is impressive.

But yeah--the two are not at all comparable. Particularly because Avengers probably cost 2-3x as much (Hunger Games cost only $78 million--I doubt that covered the cost of salaries for the principal actors plus Whedon--before the cameras even started to roll The Avengers).

It's like comparing Avengers to Dark Knight Rises--I'm looking forward to both and can almost guarantee I'll enjoy both.

Kneel to Joss Whedon (worship)

Very interesting Interview with Kevin Feige where he talks about who owns some of the rights to the characters, including the Skrulls.

I'll say it again, it's the Golden Age for comic book movies. Thrilled to see them weaving their universe and to be a lifelong fan of a hobby that is finally getting the exposure that I knew it deserved 25 years ago.

Can't wait to see the flick.

Film opened here yesterday, and though I haven't seen it the reviews are pretty good.

One of them is in a Brisbane broadsheet here .

Actually, whilst it does touch on the flick, it's more a contemplative piece - and amusing. There are no spoilers, here's a sample:

"I’m going to assume we’ve all seen The Avengers by now, because it was released yesterday and you have no excuses. Unless you live in America where, apparently, the collapse in the National Awesomeness Index means they won’t getting to watch Joss Whedon’s masterwork for a little while yet.

Allow me to laugh like an evil super villain. Muwhahahahaha…

And so, on to the film or rather the whole point of Whedon making this film, which was to pose to me the most important philosophical question its ever been my thinky pleasure to conjur with. If I was going to be an Avenger, which Avenger would I be?"

The replies are funny too:

"Black Widow for mine. If for no other reason than I'd have 24 hour access to Scarlett Johansson's boobs."

Then a derailment into JLA vs Avengers country.

Opens today and seeing it tonight in 3D with my wife and (grown up) son and daughter. :banana:

Gonna be a long day at work today.

Thn going to see it on monday with my Dad in 2D :banana:

(So far, all the films I have seen in 3D then 2D have been no better in3D, wonder if this will be any different.)

Sooooooo excited, I feel like a kid again when i first saw Superman for my birthday.

Opens today and seeing it tonight in 3D with my wife and (grown up) son and daughter. :banana:

Gonna be a long day at work today.

Thn going to see it on monday with my Dad in 2D :banana:

(So far, all the films I have seen in 3D then 2D have been no better in3D, wonder if this will be any different.)

Sooooooo excited, I feel like a kid again when i first saw Superman for my birthday.

+1 - thinking exactly the same.

Thinking of seeing today in 3D and I'm booked to see in on Sunday with my daughter in 2D.

Let me know what you think 3D vs 2D

Hopefully will see it at the weekend but will be avoiding 3D as I detest it like Tony Stark detests non-alcoholic beer drinking celibate women.

WOW just wow.

Just got home from seeing it - wait until after the credits :)

This is the first time I've enjoyed a film in 3D - will see it in 2D on Sunday to compare the experience plus I think a 2nd viewing is really necessary.

Well worth the wait :banana:

I am really excited to see it next week in 3-D as well as again in 2-D. :headbang:

Assuming then Avengers 2 will be made I wonder that summer it will be released.

Aren't they on schedule to release Iron Man 3, Cap 2, and Thor 2 before they event think about Avengers 2? I think IM 3 and Thor 2 is confirmed for next summer, but I may be wrong.

Hopefully will see it at the weekend but will be avoiding 3D as I detest it like Tony Stark detests non-alcoholic beer drinking celibate women.

WOW just wow.

Just got home from seeing it - wait until after the credits :)

This is the first time I've enjoyed a film in 3D - will see it in 2D on Sunday to compare the experience plus I think a 2nd viewing is really necessary.

Well worth the wait :banana:

I saw it today and thought it was incredible.

Best super-hero film yet. Bar none.

My only complaint was the scene between Hulk and Loki...there's no way it should have gone down like that. (tsk)

Oh it is amazing.

Best Marvel film by far.

3D was ok - going to see the 2D version on Monday.

Saw the scene in the middle of the credits - is there another at the end too?

Best Hulk yet.

Lots of laughs too. And a sad moment too.

Amazing.

Oh it is amazing.

Best Marvel film by far.

3D was ok - going to see the 2D version on Monday.

Saw the scene in the middle of the credits - is there another at the end too?

Best Hulk yet.

Lots of laughs too. And a sad moment too.

Amazing.

Just the one scene during the credits AFAIK

Saw it the second time today after the press screening and discovered so many new things, you have to see the movie at least 2 times to see everything that's packed into it.

No new scene after the credits, this time it was in between the credits in comparison to the press screening, where it was right before the end credits. And now I know what Robert Downey Jr. meant when he said, they are still doing a new scene.

In the version they showed at the press screening, Thanos talked. But now they let the other guy do the talking and Thanos just smiles at the end.

In every single report I've read from the press screenings (and I think I've read them all...that includes 3 people that attended the World Premiere), not one person mentioned that first part of your spoiler (and they've all mentioned the credits scene). It's always been the second part.

Are you sure about that?

Peace,

Chip

In every single report I've read from the press screenings (and I think I've read them all...that includes 3 people that attended the World Premiere), not one person mentioned that first part of your spoiler (and they've all mentioned the credits scene). It's always been the second part.

Are you sure about that?

Peace,

Chip

hm, I'm pretty sure but maybe somebody can confirm this? hm

Saw it the second time today after the press screening and discovered so many new things, you have to see the movie at least 2 times to see everything that's packed into it.

No new scene after the credits, this time it was in between the credits in comparison to the press screening, where it was right before the end credits. And now I know what Robert Downey Jr. meant when he said, they are still doing a new scene.

In the version they showed at the press screening, Thanos talked. But now they let the other guy do the talking and Thanos just smiles at the end.

Someone posted a picture on another site from a spoiler video that was later taken down. Is this how it looks (as tough as it is with this photo)?

Thanos-2.jpg