• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

I've read some mixed reviews but looking forward to it. If its as good as Thor I will be happy.

Although, I still think Avengers Assemble is a lame title. Why not keep it as "The Avengers"?

As one reviewer said, "Avengers Assemble... what, a wardrobe?"

I've read some mixed reviews but looking forward to it. If its as good as Thor I will be happy.

Although, I still think Avengers Assemble is a lame title. Why not keep it as "The Avengers"?

Maybe its just me, but I thought Thor was a poor movie (poor plot) (shrug)

I always tend to like films most people don't and vice versa... I'm special :)

The reason behind the title change was due to the Avengers (Steed and Emma Peel) T.V. show predating the film and the company that owns the series having the film rights to the name.

The reason behind the title change was due to the Avengers (Steed and Emma Peel) T.V. show predating the film and the company that owns the series having the film rights to the name.

(thumbs u

Still a lame title :gossip:

I enjoyed Thor...it was entertaining and had a decent -script. A problem I had with Avengers Assemble is that Whedon had to shoehorn too much plot and backstory into 120 minutes.

(thumbs u

Still a lame title :gossip:

Agreed, but it could've been worse. At least it's pinched from the source material.

I enjoyed Thor...it was entertaining and had a decent -script. A problem I had with Avengers Assemble is that Whedon had to shoehorn too much plot and backstory into 120 minutes.

Visually Thor was good, but it seemed as thought they cut so much out. Where the story failed (for me) was how little Thor had to do to get his powers back - it was like one minute is had no power, flirt with a mortal, saves a couple of people and WHAM he is worthy - hmmm iffy

Due to see Avenger next week so fingers crossed

There is only one part of the Avengers that annoyed me really because it does not explain enough to link it to one of the previous films.

Other than that I left the cinema happy.

You just don't like shoehorns.

Saw it the second time today after the press screening and discovered so many new things, you have to see the movie at least 2 times to see everything that's packed into it.

No new scene after the credits, this time it was in between the credits in comparison to the press screening, where it was right before the end credits. And now I know what Robert Downey Jr. meant when he said, they are still doing a new scene.

In the version they showed at the press screening, Thanos talked. But now they let the other guy do the talking and Thanos just smiles at the end.

Someone posted a picture on another site from a spoiler video that was later taken down. Is this how it looks (as tough as it is with this photo)?

Thanos-2.jpg

It was not about how the scene looks, but if he talks or not. The did not film any new scene for the official release of the movie. They just changed this little thing in the credit scene.

I'm shoehornist.

Saw it the second time today after the press screening and discovered so many new things, you have to see the movie at least 2 times to see everything that's packed into it.

No new scene after the credits, this time it was in between the credits in comparison to the press screening, where it was right before the end credits. And now I know what Robert Downey Jr. meant when he said, they are still doing a new scene.

In the version they showed at the press screening, Thanos talked. But now they let the other guy do the talking and Thanos just smiles at the end.

Someone posted a picture on another site from a spoiler video that was later taken down. Is this how it looks (as tough as it is with this photo)?

Thanos-2.jpg

It was not about how the scene looks, but if he talks or not. The did not film any new scene for the official release of the movie. They just changed this little thing in the credit scene.

On the version I saw, he didn't talk. Still enough to send a shiver down the spine though.... :cloud9:

I'm shoehornist.

Your shoes are too big.

I'm shoehornist.

Your shoes are too big.

My boots aren't big enough for me.

I'm shoehornist.

Your shoes are too big.

My boots aren't big enough for me.

What's your feeling for boothorns?