• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

I've read some mixed reviews but looking forward to it. If its as good as Thor I will be happy.

Although, I still think Avengers Assemble is a lame title. Why not keep it as "The Avengers"?

As one reviewer said, "Avengers Assemble... what, a wardrobe?"

Maybe its just me, but I thought Thor was a poor movie (poor plot) (shrug)

I always tend to like films most people don't and vice versa... I'm special :)

I enjoyed Thor...it was entertaining and had a decent -script. A problem I had with Avengers Assemble is that Whedon had to shoehorn too much plot and backstory into 120 minutes.

You just don't like shoehorns.

I'm shoehornist.

Your shoes are too big.

My boots aren't big enough for me.

What's your feeling for boothorns?

My thoughts regarding boothorns is that they sound naughty.

So has it been confirmed in the final theatrical version whether there are 1 or 2 bonus scenes at the end?

All the bonus scenes are only in the UK version.

Saw the film at a press screening and there was only one (silent Thanos).

So has it been confirmed in the final theatrical version whether there are 1 or 2 bonus scenes at the end?

Saw the film at a press screening and there was only one (silent Thanos).

doh!

With the Marvelman appearance? :o

Sorry - meant to add SPOILER to that.

Aww, this is horrible. I wanted to hear him talk

I can't imagine why they changed that. Now my wife and daughter will feel really cheated that they missed the bonus scene because it was in the middle of the credits instead of the end like it normally would be. They scooted to the restroom at the end of the movie to avoid the line and figured they would be back in plenty of time.

Wow! Just saw it a couple days ago. It's got action, action and more action. Looking for the slow parts with the sappy dialog that drag it down? Look elsewhere. You want action, action, and more action, then Avengers has it. Lots of little gems for us fanboys, too. It's of course full of Superhero versus Supervillain posterior kicking, but there's also some good-old-fashioned Superhero versus Superhero stuff that reminded me of some of Marvel's great crossovers of the 60's. Hulk had a couple scenes that cracked me up, but the funniest by far was the stuff about the old-school video game. Looking for a Spidey-meets-MJ type love story sandwiched in between your action? Nope, not here. Looking for a movie with lots of action, this is it. Did I mention it has lots of action?