• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

How did we get from the Avengers to this? doh!

Fine, I'm going to go and start my own Megaforce thread. An Official one.

:o:roflmao:

I can't believe I've never heard of this movie. That scene is frikkin' terrible!!!

I'm trying to think of a worse movie than megaforce that i've ever seen. Maybe "The Beach" but thats about it! hm

The best thing about Marvel for me was the serialized soap operatic elements. The fantastic was the set design. The characters loving & fighting each other was the reason for reading.

Just like the Boards.

Can't believe TBH can't score on a lousy date.

Fixed that for you.

He's old.

I bougth tickets today for my second viewing of Avengers next Thursday, the official opening day of the movie in Austria. This time with a real audience and not just critics lol

....."Everybody's a critic." - Benjamin J. Grimm. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

1982 was THE ultimate geek out year for cinema and I have always thought it impossible to beat. But if there was any year that had the potential 2012 could be it but that's a tall order:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Poltergeist

Blade Runner

Tron

The Thing

E.T

The Road Warrior

48 HRS.,

Rambo! First Blood

The Dark Crystal

Conan The Barbarian

The Beastmaster

Creepshow

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Firefox

Porky's

Swamp Thing

and... MEGAFORCE!

As a 12 year old, I remember seeing the trailer for Megaforce and thinking, My life is now complete.

:facepalm:

Megaforce was the movie I chose for my birthday movie, June 30, 1982. I could not have been more pumped to see it. It blew so bad that I almost had no words to describe it. Even to a newly minted 12 year old it was so unbelievably boring and bad. I can't think of anything else in the history of mankind that had such a huge delta between how awesome i thought it was going to be and how horrific it actually was.

Couldn't have said it better. I highly recommend seeing the Mystery Science Theater showing of Megaforce though.

What episode # or season was that?

the trade reviews are in from HR and Variety and both say its a smash that will do huge business for Disney. Enough to pay for John Carter 1 and 2! (no didn't say anything about Carter!)

trade reviews dot really mean anything. Mostly a shoutout from pros to other pros, as they tend to focus on how well the film was constructed.

It does say that the is success should propel the superhero film franchise era a few more years anyway.

quoting a reviewer from rottentomatoes...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/

Not only is this, by FAR, the best superhero movie of all time, but it is simply one of the best movies I've seen, period. In terms of pure entertainment, I haven't had this much fun at the movies in over ten years.The crowd was cheering, clapping, and laughing our collective asses off. Everything works - the humor is great (and plentiful), the action/fight scenes are phenomenal, and none of the characters gets shorted - everyone has plenty of screen time and the characters are all well-developed.I can't recommend this movie strongly enough. The hardest part about this is having to wait 3 weeks to see it again!! or for that matter, waiting three weeks just to discuss it with everyone!Full review to come...

Looking above at the 82 movie barrage, Firefox was/is such a great Cold War flick.

"Upenskoy: Gant, can you fly that plane? Really fly it?

Maj. Gant: Yeah, I can fly it. I'm the best there is."

Chomping at the bit to see THE AVENGERS!!

the trade reviews are in from HR and Variety and both say its a smash that will do huge business for Disney. Enough to pay for John Carter 1 and 2! (no didn't say anything about Carter!)

trade reviews dot really mean anything. Mostly a shoutout from pros to other pros, as they tend to focus on how well the film was constructed.

It does say that the is success should propel the superhero film franchise era a few more years anyway.

Buy your tickets now.. reviews so far are great. lets keep the super hero movie train rolling.

quoting a reviewer from rottentomatoes...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/

Not only is this, by FAR, the best superhero movie of all time, but it is simply one of the best movies I've seen, period. In terms of pure entertainment, I haven't had this much fun at the movies in over ten years.The crowd was cheering, clapping, and laughing our collective asses off. Everything works - the humor is great (and plentiful), the action/fight scenes are phenomenal, and none of the characters gets shorted - everyone has plenty of screen time and the characters are all well-developed.I can't recommend this movie strongly enough. The hardest part about this is having to wait 3 weeks to see it again!! or for that matter, waiting three weeks just to discuss it with everyone!Full review to come...

I know exactly how you feel. That's why I was so excited to see a few other boardies who had seen the movie. And like you, I can't wait to see the movie again. I'll probably save the dough and watch it in 2D. I've already got the Iron Man glasses, but I would still get charged for the 3D and don't think it's worth the extra the second time around.

Thought I'd repost this since it got lost amidst the rapid-fire discussion of this soon-to-be-released classic.

I'm wondering if any UK fans would be interested in catching a showing with some visitors from across the pond?

My wife (author Rachel Caine) and I will be in London on the 30th. We'll be free that afternoon and the following 3 days (May 1st, 2nd and 3rd) on the 4th after her book signing at Forbidden Planet (6-7PM) and on Sat., the 5th after 3PM (following a 12-2PM signing at Bluewater).

Feel free to PM me or discuss here; BTW, I'm a huge fan of Brit pubs, so we're open to continuing the Avenger party afterwards over a few pints if the logistics works out.

Right now we're one day out of port from NY on the Azamara Journey cruise liner headed for France.

Here is a photo of yours truly posted yesterday over on the GA boards...

d84c0b20.jpg

If any UK fans would be interested in getting together for a London screening of the Avengers flick, please let us know. :banana:

Would love to meet up David but i am 250 miles away.

Just booked tickets to see it next Thursday with all the family.

Think I will wet myself and cry at the same time.

+ 1

Same problem.  I'm about 200 miles north. :sorry:

I'll be going to see it a week on Tuesday.  

If it's as good as the early reviews claim, I expect to be blown away.   Really looking forward. :)

Kneel to Joss Whedon (worship)

Very interesting Interview with Kevin Feige where he talks about who owns some of the rights to the characters, including the Skrulls.

Thanks for posting that.