• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Disney will be presenting "The Avengers" tomorrow at the Vienna Comic Convention with 500 free movie posters, a raffle with 50 movie tickets, toys, masks etc and a photo-corner with Avengers theatrical standees. I'm doing a little Avengers Exhibition like I did last year with Captain America, presenting the first issues starting with #1 and some other highlights like TOS #39, JIM #83 and Hulk #5 & #6 and some Original art (Kirby JIM & Thor pages, Avengers #82 Cover Art or Iron Man #14 Cover Art, thanks to some other collectors). Can't wait for tomorry!

Just saw Hunger Games with my wifey. Her brother also took a date to see it, a couple of days before we did.

All four of us were not impressed. My wife is sorry that we spent 15 bucks on it. I am betting that we four will be blown away by the Avengers movie. It won't even be a close call.

Just saw Hunger Games with my wifey. Her brother also took a date to see it, a couple of days before we did.

All four of us were not impressed. My wife is sorry that we spent 15 bucks on it. I am betting that we four will be blown away by the Avengers movie. It won't even be a close call.

Why is it a competition? Is the size of the pie fixed, and each dollar that goes to Hunger Games is a dollar that won`t go to Avengers? Or is it just possible that people still have enough money to spend to see both Hunger Games AND Avengers (and maybe some other movies too)?

It is only a competition, in that threads are started here, asking which will be the "winner" of gross take or popularity. Of course many will see both. I was just voicing my opinion, like many others.

But you raise an interesting question about if people have enough money to see both. I would think that thousands will have to choose which to spend their limited funds on.

Why is it a competition? Is the size of the pie fixed, and each dollar that goes to Hunger Games is a dollar that won`t go to Avengers? Or is it just possible that people still have enough money to spend to see both Hunger Games AND Avengers (and maybe some other movies too)?

It's a competition because we're Americans.

It's a competition because we're Americans.

Hell yeah :headbang: