• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
8 8

4,504 posts in this topic

I had the good fortune to visit Robot Man briefly a week ago and we had a great time comparing notes and looking at the highlights of his fantastic collection. Unfortunately I was on a tight schedule or I would have stayed with him all day. He couldn't have been nicer and we had a great time. Thanks, Bob, for a 10.0 visit!

It was great to see you Rich however so briefly. Wish we had more time. Funny, Rich and I were scouring used book stores, garage sales and running ads in the local papers for old comics about the same time and we never officially crossed paths. Was fun talking about the good 'ole days and showing him a little of my junk. Good to finally meet you face to face Rich!

I was trying to stay away from just regular pre-code horror in my Halloween show because well, it's just too easy. Although most qualify, horror is horror all year round. Besides, as when I do a sub set, I like to feature all genres of comics. But I really feel this one qualifies as a Halloween book. (and I like it!)

combeyondhalloweencostume_zpsuxpu48js.jpg

I really like the color design on this book. Ace coloring is usually overly simplistic but this one works! :applause:

I was trying to stay away from just regular pre-code horror in my Halloween show because well, it's just too easy. Although most qualify, horror is horror all year round. Besides, as when I do a sub set, I like to feature all genres of comics. But I really feel this one qualifies as a Halloween book. (and I like it!)

combeyondhalloweencostume_zpsuxpu48js.jpg

Not a comic but I'm sure nobody will care... From the esteemed "Paul" collection. Man, I really need a better pic of this one.

pulpstartlingmarch_zpstvuvx7jw.jpg

Paul had good taste in pulps i see

Sure reminds me of Halloween...

comallamerican61a_zpsppelg5cb.jpg

I agree! That cover is more Halloweenie than most being posted. October cover date, an orange moon, bats, lots of Halloween indicators there.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat