• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Yeah, the waves will be something that the graders will be taking into account for sure. 2c

I hope so, the regular storm trooper variants had it as well, it's the cheap paper Marvel is using.

I've seen that sort of wavy paper in quite a few books - hope it's considered a printer issue and not affect grade. Like you said - I've yet to see it NOT appear on some of these issues.

I cringe when I open a package to see bubble wrap. For some reason people are under the impression that makes it indestructible in shipping. Save yourself some money and buy me another piece of cardboard.

Bubble Wrap is essential, provided you put sturdy cardboard AROUND the comics 1st. Sorry to see this. It seems to be a common malady of the JTC school of shipping.

Never used it in an envelope and have never had a problem. Two pieces of sturdy cardboard with an inch border on all sides of the comic is all that matters. I only use it for boxes along with peanuts.

I cringe when I open a package to see bubble wrap. For some reason people are under the impression that makes it indestructible in shipping. Save yourself some money and buy me another piece of cardboard.

Bubble Wrap is essential, provided you put sturdy cardboard AROUND the comics 1st. Sorry to see this. It seems to be a common malady of the JTC school of shipping.

Never used it in an envelope and have never had a problem. Two pieces of sturdy cardboard with an inch border on all sides of the comic is all that matters. I only use it for boxes along with peanuts.

Bubble Wrap-O-Phobe!!!

Bubble Wrap-O-Phobe!!!

0afecf82-21db-4f98-b8ac-1ab01b5c576b_zpskpmptvgr.jpg

Bubble Wrap-O-Phobe!!!

0afecf82-21db-4f98-b8ac-1ab01b5c576b_zpskpmptvgr.jpg

lol.. I buy in bulk, it's not too costly really and gives me peace of mind in shipping.

I lucked out I guess. Out of 31 copies I ordered, 3 had the same flaw, and the rest were perfect. The 3 had a slight crease about 3/4" of the way up on the spine that went diagonal to the bottom of the cover like someone grabbed the corner when pulling it from a stack and it bent. My packaging was nice. Cardboard sandwich in bubble wrap slip cases, that were protected on the sides, top, and bottom in the oversize box.

I lucked out I guess. Out of 31 copies I ordered, 3 had the same flaw, and the rest were perfect. The 3 had a slight crease about 3/4" of the way up on the spine that went diagonal to the bottom of the cover like someone grabbed the corner when pulling it from a stack and it bent. My packaging was nice. Cardboard sandwich in bubble wrap slip cases, that were protected on the sides, top, and bottom in the oversize box.

It sounds like if you ordered bulk, you were treated more, uh, better? For those of us who just wanted one we may (not always it seems) get tossed to the side of the road, then boxed up for shipping.

Jerome

Now you can all underprice each other by a penny on eBay.

GO!

baconcakebooks messaged me on eBay yesterday:

"Did you really get 200 of these? Also, did you feel it necessary to undercut everyone with them?

Thanks!"

I didn't do pre-sales on eBay. As soon as I had the copies in hand (very early Saturday) I sold them at $49.99 on eBay (I think the lowest at the time was $55 OBO pre-sale). So I told him I had them in hand and I set the price and I look at his newly listed items... One copy for $49.95. insufficiently_thoughtful_person. He runs a speculator group too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-7-John-Tyler-Christopher-BOBA-FETT-Sketch-Variant-In-hand-NM-/281772166014?hash=item419aee0b7e

Now you can all underprice each other by a penny on eBay.

GO!

baconcakebooks messaged me on eBay yesterday:

"Did you really get 200 of these? Also, did you feel it necessary to undercut everyone with them?

Thanks!"

I didn't do pre-sales on eBay. As soon as I had the copies in hand (very early Saturday) I sold them at $49.99 on eBay (I think the lowest at the time was $55 OBO pre-sale). So I told him I had them in hand and I set the price and I look at his newly listed items... One copy for $49.95. insufficiently_thoughtful_person. He runs a speculator group too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-7-John-Tyler-Christopher-BOBA-FETT-Sketch-Variant-In-hand-NM-/281772166014?hash=item419aee0b7e

They are your books to price whatever you want for them. If you didn't sell them for less a dozen other sellers would have. I'd just ignore the seller and move on. I can't really grasp why some message other sellers like this. What possible good outcome do they think will actually become a reality? "Oh, my sincerest apologies. I will list them for $1000 higher so you can sell yours first."

The modern game can be brutal.