• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Total Existing Copies of AF #15
2 2

Guesstimated total existing copies of Amazing Fantasy #15  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Guesstimated total existing copies of Amazing Fantasy #15

485 posts in this topic

:preach:

I don't think this emoticon has ever been more appropriate in a thread.

Seriously, :preach::preach::preach: .

:D

:cloud9:

..... thanks for listening. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....can we do Hulk 1 next ? :tonofbricks:

Nothing to add but I love the Spidey theme song. Used to watch the reruns on Channel 11 out of NY in the 70s after school.

Now I find myself singing the song but I always make up different lines as I can't remember what he does after "anything a spider can walks on walls. My wife likes to say "walks on Walls" "plays with dolls"

Back to your rambling argument

Ok everyone. I asked our bag boy at the grocery store tonight. He told me 10k sounded about right. Debate over

If 10K is all that's left, then Baby Boomers destroyed almost 95% of the extant copies. Damn you baby boomers! :grin:

hard to argue with bag boys

Bag boys at three local Krogers confirmed the 10k. They quoted from their personal first-hand experience that they witnessed their parents (and many of their parent's friends) burn multiple raw copies (many of whom owned 50+ copies). This was confirmed by a separate independent poll I took among college students and their experiences. However, it is worth noting that the poll may have been skewed as the smallest number of copies that they were able to input anyone owning was >20.

Side note - local chapters of Boy Scouts of America went on to explain that their parents miraculously saved their slabbed copies and subsequently went on submission binges where they would crack out the book, keep the label and resubmit for fun. Some of who had first hand seen upwards of 10 unreported CGC labels per slabbed copy.

So many first hand experienced accounts. :shrug:

Just took an informal poll at the local Chuy's and everyone here owns a raw copy in grades above VF. Consensus in the room was that there are easily 150,000 copies in market.

I told them I owned a slabbed copy and I was asked to leave.

I heard from the janitor at the local high school that AF 15 was the only non-EC to be stockpiled by Gaines. Apparently there is one full storage unit of newsstand fresh copies. Best estimate is that the storage unit is of the 10' x 10' variety, though it may also be 10' x 14'

Polling the employees of Olive Garden. 20k is their cumulative response

But I didn't dare tell them they were wrong for fear of food tampering :o

..... our Yard Boy OWNS 20 copies.....plus 3 coverless.....he's been hoarding since he was 11..... he saw it coming. GOD BLESS...

.....I asked him if he had plans to slab...... he said,"....SURE, right after I spend the night with Scarlett J while she's wearing a scuba suit....".....

Edited by jimjum12

..... our Yard Boy OWNS 20 copies.....plus 3 coverless.....he's been hoarding since he was 11..... he saw it coming. GOD BLESS...

.....I asked him if he had plans to slab...... he said,"....SURE, right after I spend the night with Scarlett J while she's wearing a scuba suit....".....

Good luck with the scuba suit, I couldn't even get her to wear the mask.