• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

2 years ago I sold a copy of tec 31 in 6.5 for 80K and thought it was a crazy price....resold the same comic last year for $100K and thought it was a crazy price....hearing that a 4.5 might push 70K+, I guess nothing is crazy anymore

It's all your fault.

2 years ago I sold a copy of tec 31 in 6.5 for 80K and thought it was a crazy price....resold the same comic last year for $100K and thought it was a crazy price....hearing that a 4.5 might push 70K+, I guess nothing is crazy anymore

It's all your fault.

+1

:sorry:

Hey, you sold someone a book and then resold it for them a year later at a 25% price increase. Sounds great to me! I could use some of that. :D

Only what someone is willing to pay for it sets the market right....supply and demand is the backbone and basics of our economy...plus the mans gotta eat (thumbs u

Hey, you sold someone a book and then resold it for them a year later at a 25% price increase. Sounds great to me! I could use some of that. :D

Only what someone is willing to pay for it sets the market right....supply and demand is the backbone and basics of our economy...plus the mans gotta eat (thumbs u

This is an in demand comic but eventually everything reaches a limit.

second sale I was given 2.5% broker fee...

second sale I was given 2.5% broker fee...

All sounds very good to me. On books like this it seems like buyers and sellers (and brokers) have all been doing very well.

The tec 31 .5 is over $19k!
that's just crazy

this

Any guesses at the final hammer price now that it is at 19k? I thought this use to be a 17 to 20k per point book. What happened? (shrug)

0.5's always sell higher on a "per point" basis as the most accessible blue label book for many buyers. In this case, it's also buoyed by the fact that a bc is included, so it's closer to a 1.0 than a 0.5.

IMO, this is still a $16k pp book. We'll see how that bears out with the 4.5.

This line of logic is one of the more colorful aspects of the hobby. A potential buyer will often use this type of argument when wanting to buy a book, but a potential seller is likely never going to agree. In my experience, those who are willing to "overpay" for blue chip books like this are the

ones who actually wind up owning books like this. And those that stand on these platforms continue to never own these books and more often give up over time as the pricing gets further and further away from their way of thinking. Or they realize that its only their unwillingness to "unstick" their way of thinking that is keeping them from acquiring a book like this and they decide to do whatever it takes.

Books like these often show up in spurts and if you don't take advantage and delude yourself into thinking that another opportunity will arise in the short term, you'll often find that when that next opportunity comes along, the pricing is much higher than before. And then you wind up posting in one of those threads where you tell a story about how you regret passing on something when you were offered it because now the price seems so much cheaper.

GA is not SA. My philosophy has always been to pay whatever it takes when an opportunity arises if the timing is right. I have never regretted any of those purchases.

Well, I guess I don't need think about it too hard since you've already played it all out in your mind! lol

I'm perfectly content in the fact that I am not a buyer for this book at these inflated prices. I understand the book is hot and has gained a lot of momentum in recent years. And, yes, that could certainly continue. From my vantage point, though, this is currently the most overheated of all of the pre-Robin Tecs, and there are several other issues in the run that now look like a relative steal in comparison. As such, I think my dollar goes much farther with some of the other issues. IMO, it's just as likely that Tec 31 levels off and some of the other issues begin to make up some ground. I just know that based on current prices, I'd rather be buying into Tec 29 @ $11k per point or Tec 35 @ $8k per point than Tec 31 @ $17k+ per point. To me personally, Tec 31 simply isn't worth the premium it is currently commanding.

Educated buyers who have confidence in where they think the market is going spend accordingly.

In some cases, they also know when to pull back the reigns a bit and not get caught up in all of the hysteria. Past returns are not necessarily an indication of future performance.

mf54, as 8 sens 1 ww 1 trifecta. tec 38, etc. all popped up.

it seems in pre robin tec world its tec 33 that is undervalued. it will eventually pop up. tec 31 will continie to accrue but 33 will pop. maybe there will be naysayers but like i posted about wonder woman and even tec 31 vs tec 29. i find that tec 33 has the most catching up. its the 4th pre robin tec cover right after 31 and before 35. has an iconic splash page and has the first time printing of the origin of the Batman!