• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

Speaking of Archie, can someone please tell me why that Betty and Veronica 320 went for just shy of a grand??

It didn't seem to be a variant. Is that what people are paying for the issue?

I have two NM copies and one VF, I'll slab em today if that's really what they are worth!

EB5C8236-5D9F-4930-AE25-3EC123DF06A4_zpsicq5vdps.jpg

At this rate it is going to be 12 midnight to get past the "As".

..... A carefully crafted plan by a couple of Batman Fans..... to insure the bidding competition is fast asleep..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... A carefully crafted plan by a couple of Batman Fans..... to insure the bidding competition is fast asleep..... GOD BLESS....

It's likely watching molasses flow uphill.

Does the whole auction come to a stop if there is a bidding war over one book or can books close earlier than books they were originally listed later than? hm

Does the whole auction come to a stop if there is a bidding war over one book or can books close earlier than books they were originally listed later than? hm

Each book is independent. One bidding war doesn't affect others.

Each book is independent. One bidding war doesn't affect others.

Ah, got it. I was engaged in one bidding war and lost track of some other books. They had closed when I got back to them but I wasn't sure whether they had been held up until the earlier book closed.

I much prefer the one book at a time HA system.

Congratulations to all who got what they wanted at the auction. This is my first post (although I've read the whole thread!) It seems like the market is holding up well from GA keys but I'm wondering how the other GA books are doing? Haven't seen anything written about it on the board but, if I'm reading the results of Pedigree's March auction correctly, the value of Silver and Bronze age is falling fast. At least from the dozen of so sales I compared to GPA. Hope this post isn't too far afield and I apologize in advance for anyone offended by it!

Congratulations to all who got what they wanted at the auction. This is my first post (although I've read the whole thread!) It seems like the market is holding up well from GA keys but I'm wondering how the other GA books are doing? Haven't seen anything written about it on the board but, if I'm reading the results of Pedigree's March auction correctly, the value of Silver and Bronze age is falling fast. At least from the dozen of so sales I compared to GPA. Hope this post isn't too far afield and I apologize in advance for anyone offended by it!

WTTB, REH fans are always welcome! GPA doesn't always indicate what a GA book will sell for due to the smaller sample size, rarity and other factors. I personally have not seen any decline in the silver age market among the long standing keys (ASM 1, AF 15, IH 1) some of the more media driven speculator books have had some fluctuation though.

But GA is a whole other thing....

little mod/ext cap 1 in 4.5 looks like it might go for blue guide! hot book, and i'm oh so glad i already have mine.

$22,200, so a bit under VG guide. Looking at GPA, seems as if this around what restored copies in this grading range have been going for lately--hard though that may be to believe! :D

Wow. $22k for a 0.5 Tec 31 and only $36k for a Tec 33, 6.5.

Something definitely seems more than a little out of whack about that, and 33 certainly seems severely under-valued in relation at this point. doh!

-J.

..... Same here...... Tec 33 just seems to have a lot to offer....and it's an Uber-Cool book (...to me) GOD BLESS...