• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Oh, yes, he knows what he's got. I threw in a few prices (as much as I don't know pricing for most of these books. I know artists / history / characters but not value) but Aman 22 (Nazi Gorilla), Aman 26, Great 3, War cover Actions, ... I mentioned prices.

I offered to give him $10 for his duplicate of Hit # 10 (double his money, I think :insane: ) but he didn't go for it.

The collector has no financial needs and loves his books too much to sell them despite value. Now, does he fully understand the sum total of it. I am not sure and I am sure he does not care. His main interests are pulps / books / comic strips. The basement has a large collection of Sunday pages dating back from the turn of the 20th century onward for example.

That's all she wrote, or all the pics I took I should say.

There is a deep run of Target and Blue Bolt, many Military issues and quite a few Hit, The Funnies (ahhh seeing Fantasmo in person), Crackajack Funnies, Fawcett, Sensations, All-Stars, early Wings, Zips, ... and I didn't get to check all shelves.

It was great to examine all those books and I think the owner appreciated my enthusiasm for what he had. For this I thank every one on the boards as I could Oooh and Aaah appropriately at all these obscure books which he's been collecting for over 40 years (the shelves where the books are housed where built in 1970). Thanks guys.

If anyone ever wondered what kind of collections are out there, quietly waiting to be re-discovered ...

What a sweet collection. The relatively casual way in which the books are stored reminds me of hoards I used to see in the pre-OPG era. Books that had been collected for all the right reasons. Thanks for sharing this, Scrooge.

So bringing this thread back to where it belongs, with a nice favorite Mad Ming,BUMP

FP37.jpg

NICE Bunky!!! That is a great copy. A little Heritage action? hm

I really need to get my hands on a Centaur soon... don't know how long its been since I bought one. And I'm CHOKED I sold the last few... why didn't I keep those??? :pullhair:

I really need to get my hands on a Centaur soon... don't know how long its been since I bought one. And I'm CHOKED I sold the last few... why didn't I keep those??? :pullhair:

:(

You think that sucks...one of them I bought from you I can't find... :cry: I think I've lost it.... :makepoint:

You think that sucks...one of them I bought from you I can't find... :cry: I think I've lost it.... :makepoint:

WHAT??? doh!