• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Just goes to show if you wait a little while you don't have to pay the bleed price.

hm

Very true, but some peeps pay the premium to be first to own and/or for the guarantee of getting one. I bought one from Royce, because he had the best price at the time and I wanted to secure at least one for me. I play the waiting game sometimes and it pays off sometimes and sometimes I lose out on getting the item I want, unless I pay a bigger premium than the initial premium.

Just goes to show if you wait a little while you don't have to pay the bleed price.

hm

Very true, but some peeps pay the premium to be first to own and/or for the guarantee of getting one. I bought one from Royce, because he had the best price at the time and I wanted to secure at least one for me. I play the waiting game sometimes and it pays off sometimes and sometimes I lose out on getting the item I want, unless I pay a bigger premium than the initial premium.

I was the first to buy one from Beachbum online when he opened his sales thread, and I did it for two reasons. One, because I wanted one, and two, because he works hard getting me the books I want, dealing with the crowds, hotels, shipping problems, and lines while I sit in my comfortable chair watching from my home. I happily pay a premium because it is still much cheaper than if I went myself. And sure, I could wait and maybe get one later cheaper, but there were many books I could NOT get cheaper later, and if Beachbum decides it is not worth his while to go to these cons, I might be out of luck. I am happy to pay for the opportunity!

hm

I was the first to buy one from Beachbum online when he opened his sales thread, and I did it for two reasons. One, because I wanted one, and two, because he works hard getting me the books I want, dealing with the crowds, hotels, shipping problems, and lines while I sit in my comfortable chair watching from my home. I happily pay a premium because it is still much cheaper than if I went myself. And sure, I could wait and maybe get one later cheaper, but there were many books I could NOT get cheaper later, and if Beachbum decides it is not worth his while to go to these cons, I might be out of luck. I am happy to pay for the opportunity!

+1 for my purchases from Beachbum. He does all the work and I get high grade comics. Whatever price he asks; for a high collector, it's worth it.

So we still have no idea what time these go live on tuesday?

I got a notification from skybound saying around noon...

So maybe 12 noon EST. Or 3 PM EST? Skybound is in Cali, correct?

is it possible to find a ticket inside a box that has a B&W set.

He's got till Tuesday morning to unload these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-SDCC-/311404158500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4881225e24

I messaged them to try and get a few off eBay. They replied with....

"You have to buy them off of Ebay so Skybound can track the orders needed to fill next week. Thanks JJ"

Then I asked if it was some sort of pre order for skybounds website realease since they aren't shipping til mid next week and they relied.

"I have no ideal, I just know we have sold over 300 sets in the store and online. Thanks JJ"

So I'm lost haha

Is it against ebay policies to list something you do not have in your possession?

Are they reliable/trustworthy at all? I have some eBay credit to spend, and wouldn't mind picking up one of these boxes. I just don't want to pick one up that has been opened and resealed.

is it possible to find a ticket inside a box that has a B&W set.

He's got till Tuesday morning to unload these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-SDCC-/311404158500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4881225e24

I messaged them to try and get a few off eBay. They replied with....

"You have to buy them off of Ebay so Skybound can track the orders needed to fill next week. Thanks JJ"

Then I asked if it was some sort of pre order for skybounds website realease since they aren't shipping til mid next week and they relied.

"I have no ideal, I just know we have sold over 300 sets in the store and online. Thanks JJ"

So I'm lost haha

Is it against ebay policies to list something you do not have in your possession?

Are they reliable/trustworthy at all? I have some eBay credit to spend, and wouldn't mind picking up one of these boxes. I just don't want to pick one up that has been opened and resealed.

Jesse James has never let me down in the past. They are a extremely large online seller. I've met JJ a few times and is always very friendly. I'd buy from him again with no hesitation personally. That's just my experience yet have not heard anything negative. His feedback represents that if I recall correctly he only had one neg.

So we're certain Skybound has more box sets and will be selling them?

Hey All,

Glad everyone is having a fun time with these boxes so far. I can tell you that a lot of work went into making them. There were a few happy customers at SDCC who submitted their redemption cards on the floor. Very cool to see in person. And we've received a couple redemption cards in the mail already! And no, not that one yet. ;)

Now, it's time to answer some questions.

Q: Are there any boxed sets left for purchase?

A: Yes, there is a very small amount left over from the show.

Q: When will they be on sale?

A: We'll be putting the remainder of the sets, along with the other items (yes there will be a few 144 wrap around covers available) from SDCC on our webstore on Tues. Time TBD.

Q: Will there be a limit?

A: Yes. Quantity is TBD.

Q: How are we able to purchase them? How do I become a Skybound Insider?

A: Skybound Insiders will get first crack at all the exclusives on Tues. Then, if there are leftovers, then they'll be available on the site for non-Insiders later in the week. To become a Skybound Insider, click this link.

Q: Are there Black and White sets left?

A: Yes, there should be as they were all mixed in at the same time.

I'm sure there are more questions, but hopefully this will answer a few of them.

-shawn